Angry birds Rio free at new Amazon App Store!!

Davanw

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No Canadian AB love from AZ - after an hour setting up account/configuring/etc etc etc, get an error message "not yet available in your region" when I finally click download. Any workarounds? Any way to get the Angry Birds Rio APK outside of "normal channels"?

That was absolutely ridiculous!

First setting up the Amazon.com account.

Then the market app wouldn't download directly to my phone, so I had to download it on my computer and manually install it to the phone.

Once the market app was running, it said I couldn't get Rio without entering a payment type in my 1-click settings. So I did that.

Tried to get Rio again. It said I needed an address in my 1-click settings. So I did that.

Tried to get Rio again. It said I needed to enable 1-click settings. So I did that.

Tried to get Rio again. It comes up and says it is not available in my region.

Fail.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
About a couple of months ago Angry Birds stopped installing on my SD card ... My solution was to unmount ... download ... install ... re-mount ... then move to SD card ... Now with Amazon ... Angry Birds RIO won't install at all if the SD isn't mounted ... Does anyone know of a work-a-round ... Unrooted EVO 4G

I'm having this same issue on my unrooted Droid Incredible. Is there a way to download it to your computer and then manually install it on the phone?

patchulaz

May 25, 2010
Visit site
i installed amazon appstore, and then got angry birds rio from the appstore. i then proceeded to pull the com.rovio.angrybirdsrio.apk off of my phone, and tried installing it standalone, without the amazon appstore (which is now officially crapware now that i have angry birds rio). unfortunately, when i went to start angry birds rio, i got a message that said that the amazon appstore has to be installed AND logged in for the app to work. what a load of crap. we need an apk of the game that can stand on it's own without needing to have other crap installed.

taxtwit

May 28, 2010
Visit site
i installed amazon appstore, and then got angry birds rio from the appstore. i then proceeded to pull the com.rovio.angrybirdsrio.apk off of my phone, and tried installing it standalone, without the amazon appstore (which is now officially crapware now that i have angry birds rio). unfortunately, when i went to start angry birds rio, i got a message that said that the amazon appstore has to be installed AND logged in for the app to work. what a load of crap. we need an apk of the game that can stand on it's own without needing to have other crap installed.
As per my last post, I couldn't get AB Rio via the amazon app store, so I googled AB Rio apk and found several download sites for it. Downloaded it off of one, cut and pasted it onto the SD card in my N1 and booted it up no problem. The app is running fine and I do not have the amazon app store installed (although I do have the amazon MP3 app that was preinstalled on my N1), so it appears the it can run without the amazon store app installed.

legion of doo

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
All of my AB games are window exhibiting the "fire one or two birds and crash" problem.

I guess I will try reinstalling the appstore, Rio, and then running Rio from the store next. Reinstalling Seasons didn't fix anything.

If I can find and remove the DRM token, I will also have to try that.

IMO, wait for a non-appstore version of Rio. It is probably worth the wait to avoid the DRM if you can.

Last edited:

NexusBear

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
All of my AB games are window exhibiting the "fire one or two birds and crash" problem.

I guess I will try reinstalling the appstore, Rio, and then running Rio from the store next. Reinstalling Seasons didn't fix anything.

If I can find and remove the DRM token, I will also have to try that.

IMO, wait for a non-appstore version of Rio. It is probably worth the wait to avoid the DRM if you can.

I am having a similar issue, though it's much more prevalent in Rio than the others. Rio will crash any time I bring up the menu in-game, or you get one of the instruction cards on screen (the ones that tell you how to use the birds when you get a new one). Seasons tends to crash when I try restarting a level, and RB doesn't crash very often, but when it does it's during a restart of a level most likely.

What has happened to the AB games? How many others are having this issue, and what devices are you using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49