As described on Engadget, etc, the app store has been up and down, but now it is officially working

Go get your Angry Birds Rio!
    Amazon.com: Appstore for Android
    03-22-2011 06:31 AM
    OK, so I tried it and downloaded an ebook.

I'm a little disappointed that the "book" actually comes as a self-contained reader app.

I really don't need yet another reader app. I was hoping it would download to either Kindle or Google reader. Oh well. No big deal, it's $.99.

But, one question - is there a way to refund an app in Amazon? If not, I doubt I'll come back.
    03-22-2011 07:00 AM
    OK, so I tried it and downloaded an ebook.

I'm a little disappointed that the "book" actually comes as a self-contained reader app.

I really don't need yet another reader app. I was hoping it would download to either Kindle or Google reader. Oh well. No big deal, it's $.99.

But, one question - is there a way to refund an app in Amazon? If not, I doubt I'll come back.
    You can just use the Amazon Kindle app for that.
    03-22-2011 07:04 AM
    Signed up for Angry Birds Rio. Wasn't that painful.

Same question as above: Any return/refund policy for this store?

Also, it appears that they will have a daily "paid app for free" deal, so I'll probably check it out for awhile just to see.

Not a huge fan of the second app store though.
    03-22-2011 08:21 AM
    I saw that they were selling angry birds for .99. Is this an ad free version?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    03-22-2011 08:24 AM
    I saw that they were selling angry birds for .99. Is this an ad free version?

It's free today (well, a "limited time") and yes, it's ad-free from what I can tell.
    03-22-2011 09:01 AM
    The app looks nice. Wonder if it will be available in Android Market.

How do you tell what are the security requirements of the app before you click Get App ?
    03-22-2011 10:27 AM
    03-22-2011 10:56 AM
    I was actually referring to the original angry birds that is not free.

03-22-2011 11:45 AM
    Isn't there supposed to be a way to purchase Amazon apps from your computer while waiting to receive your device? Anyone know how to do that or if that's still possible?
    03-22-2011 11:50 AM
    I was actually referring to the original angry birds that is not free.

Yes it's ad free.

The amazon app store also lets you try apps from your pc browser before you buy them.
    ShaLea likes this.
    03-22-2011 12:16 PM
    So after looking through it, I can see myself using this app store. The one I will never use is vcast, the one that I can't get rid of. I tried searching through it and all it does is freeze on me.

03-22-2011 06:01 PM
    This Amazon App Store is PAINFUL! If I wanted to take a step back in technology... I'd ditch my DX for another blackberry! The App Store is SLOOOW!! Just painfully slow! Each click I ask myself "why did I do that"... just to see more info. The format of the app is fine... I guess I don't have much opinion either way. But the speed of this thing is just dragging.

Oh.. I downloaded Angry Birds Rio this morning... played for a few hours. Now... it won't launch at all! I click on it... the screen changes for a fraction of a second and goes back to the home screen. I tried launching the app store and running it from there as well.. but does the same thing. Rediculous!
    03-22-2011 08:25 PM
    Thanks for the note. Glad I didn't go further! Have a good one!
    03-22-2011 08:33 PM
    I thought it was supposed to only be free for 1 day, but it's still showing up as free.
    Just because it was the free app of the day doesn't mean Rovio couldn't have chosen to leave it free longer.
    03-24-2011 11:14 AM
    possibly covered elsewhere, but amazon is blocked by att.

Sent via Tapatalk & Swype
    03-24-2011 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD