Can "Desk Home" be Disabled? (Droid Pro, Froyo)

Trajadoja

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I know that some folks are hot to use the Desk Home application, but I'm having the opposite problem on my Droid Pro running Froyo. When I place the phone in the cradle, I DON'T want to enable Desk Home and I want to phone to continue to operate in the same state it was in prior to putting it on the cradle. Effectively, I'm just using my cradle to charge the device and I really don't uitilize the Desk Home features.

Thoughts?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I looked at this, because I was using my old, BB, holster which had a magnetic closure and would trigger either the Desk Home or Car Dock app all the time (wasting a lot of battery).

You can't toggle whether the notification gets broadcasted to all apps (the source code is hard-coded to do it and there's no setting to disable it).

Titanium Pro -- which is a great app for backup too -- allows you to "freeze" or uninstall default apps. Freezing the two "docking apps" did the trick for me.

NOTE: I'm pretty sure you need to be rooted to use that, but rooting your phone with something simple like z4root and just using some root-enabled apps (not swapping out the entire ROM or something) keeps you getting updates and the same look-and-feel so far as I've seen. And you can throw one of the CPU minder apps on there to get better battery life.

-AJ

Trajadoja

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, takeshi! Seems ridiculous that I need to pay to NOT use a default app, but the $0.99 is well worth it and the app does precisely what I was asking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34