Pandora playback

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed a high-pitch beep when playing back my Pandora. It's been both with headphones and through my car speakers as well, so I know it's not the speakers or headphones, but is either a Pandora issue or a problem with the playback from my Droid Eris.

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this?

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I listen to Pandora all day long and I don't get any high pitched beeps .. maybe its your notification sound when you get an email or text ?? It will stop playback while the notification sounds .. Try turning Sounds Off and see if you still get it.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
It's not a notification. It's very subtle and fairly random, or sporatic, during playback. And it's monotone - doesn't change pitch. Haven't been able to narrow it down to any one register - low or high - either. It's not very often, so I still use my Pandora, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have been getting a crackling on low notes when playing Pandora. I know its not the speaker on my phone, because if I stream it through BT or the headphone jack it is still there.

I don't have this issue with music stored on my phone.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
It's not a notification. It's very subtle and fairly random, or sporatic, during playback. And it's monotone - doesn't change pitch. Haven't been able to narrow it down to any one register - low or high - either. It's not very often, so I still use my Pandora, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

You know, I have never heard it until last night. I plugged the phone into a set of powered speakers and I immediately heard what you described. I messed with the headphone jack but that was not it. I believe it is in the stream. Maybe if the connection is not great, it will stream at a lower rate ?? dont know for sure ..

dfdumont

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same high pitched squeal every once in a while. To me it seems its a clipping error somehow in the playback. It only occurs when the song itself is particularly high volume, and is completely independent of what the volume is set at for my device. I use headphones, but I have the volume set low enough that I Can still hear the room around me. It doesn't appear to be a problem with our friends using iOS devices though, so I suspect there's an error somewhere in the Android encoding algorithm, and not in Pandora itself.

Junglejimmck

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same high-pitched beeping on my HTC Incredible 4G when using Pandora. And it appears the beeps occur at the same time during certain songs. I don't get the beeping when streaming Pandora through my PC or Windows laptop. Volume has little effect - except being more noticeable at higher volumes. I have to assume it is an Android issue. It will certainly be a factor when I get a new phone in the next year. I would love help if it is just an issue of tweaking a setting or two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800