unfortunately facebook has stopped

Dan Shapira

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
The Facebook app on me Samsung 7s is stopping shortly after logon, but it is just after logon With my user. Logon with another user is working fine.
The problem started for 2days ago, until then it worked fine.
I tried everything i could think of, f.ex : Delete app data, clear cache, and even reset to factory settings, no luck.
There is no problem to login through web.
Any ideas anyone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was Facebook preinstalled on your S7, or did you install it yourself? If it was preinstalled, go to the App Manager, select Facebook, and Uninstall Updates. See if the same problem happens with the original factory-installed version.

Dan Shapira

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes, facebook is pre installed.
There is no option to remove updates, but i tried to delete data and then disable FB.
When i enable it and use it for the first time, it automatically install the updates, and then stops...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm--it seems like Google might have gotten rid of the Uninstall Updates button, and just left the Disable button. Might be a Marshmallow thing.

Open Google Play Store and go to its settings--make sure the automatic updates are turned off. Do the same for the Galaxy Apps Store. Now Disable Facebook again (which should uninstall updates and restore the factory version), and then re-enable it. See if it still automatically updates. If it doesn't, open it and see if the stopping problem persists.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084