I'm a cashier. Told not to allow Samsung Payment

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was working at the registers today and it was the first time I saw someone use Spay. It worked flawlessly. I later asked if my manager o duty had ever gotten someone using it and she got wide-eyed. Apparently were not supposed to let people use any mobile app payment. She said even though it appears to go through something happens and our store never gets paid by the bank. So now I'm potentially going to be reprimanded for having a short till. The way the technology works I don't see how it could be possible but apparently we get screwed when people use mobile phone payment methods.

I'm curious to see if it may have been other payment apps that didn't work in the past. I'll find out tomorrow if we got shorted.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That's theoretically possible with Apple pay, but not likely. Samsung pay it's almost impossible that they're not being paid.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
There's been a really small sample pool here. Maybe 4 mobile payments total and all have failed on the back end and our store didn't get paid. It's hard to say if they were apple pay, wallet or Android pay but I know for sure the guy used Samsung pay because I asked him. Card reader and register performed exactly the same as if it was a card and a receipt printed out.

According to Samsung pay website the retailer doesn't have to do anything to accept Spay. So unless the 60 year old IT guy here that set up our Point of Sale did something dumb to intentionally not allow Spay I dunno what is going on. Our card machines are about a year old, if that and they have the chip reader but our system isn't set up to accept them.

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Where I work we have accepted Android Pay, Apple Pay, and other NFC payment apps for 6 months. We started reading chip cards 10 weeks it messed up where Apple Pay and Android Pay would get declined but my PayWave on my Wells Fargo credit card worked just fine. I have 4 or more times tried to have PayWave removed from card. Apple Pay and Android Pay started working again about 4 weeks ago. Finally this week we can take all chip debit cards as debit with pin versus having to run as credit. I have noticed some credit unions debit cards only allow debit with pin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12