I have a galaxy note 4, and use the play store and google play music on my ASUS laptop and my phone.
    I have the 'music manager' program, but It doesnt open anything and I dont notice it make a difference.
    I have previously been able to move music from my phone to my computer, or download the albums in a zip file.
    A download option always apeared when I right click.

But now that option is gone.
    The music is taking up space on my phone, but I cant find it to remove it.
    Not on my sd.
    Not in google.android.music

I was managing my music barely a week ago, has something changed or been updated?
    Please help.
    08-23-2016 03:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The Music Manager program is only for uploading music on your PC to your Google Play Music cloud.

When you say you were able to move music from your phone to your computer, do you mean locally saved music files on the phone? Or are you mostly talking about downloading music from your Google Play Music cloud to your computer hard drive? To do the latter, there's something funky you have to do in order to download your music an unlimited number of times:

1. Make sure you're using Chrome as your desktop browser.
    2. Install the Google Play Music Chrome app: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...er-info-dialog
    3. Launch that app while in Chrome. You'll see a little miniplayer window appear in the lower right.
    4. Now, go to your Google Play Music website, click the 3 vertical dot menu button for any album, and click Download Album. It should now ask you which folder to download to.

If you don't have the Chrome app running, Play Music will only allow you to download a track or album a total of 2 times. I have no idea why they did it this way, but there you go.

If music is taking up space on your phone, is this music that you downloaded yourself, or was it cached by the app while you were listening to it? Go to the Play Music app's settings, and Clear Cache if it's cached by the app itself, or Manage Downloads if you downloaded the songs yourself.
    08-24-2016 02:48 AM