I have a document that I reference daily, and I'd love to be able to have it displayed on a home screen (Moto X Pure, Marshmallow). I won't need to edit it in that display, just view it. It's longer than 1 page, so I'd need to be able to scroll. Also, ideally, I'd be able to zoom.

It's a text app, so I could save it as almost any type of file, even a graphic file, so that shouldn't be a limitation.

Is there a way to do that? Or is there an app/widget that will do that?

Thanks!
    08-31-2016 10:21 AM
    I can't find any widget that can do that. This thread mentioned WordWidget, but that is apparently no longer in the Play Store: https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps..._the_contents/. There are a couple other suggestions in that thread, although they seem more involved. Good luck!
    GeoJono likes this.
    08-31-2016 04:05 PM
    For anyone else that may stumble upon this looking for the same thing, I found a couple of notepad apps that have widgets, but I haven't found one that scrolls. If what you need to display is short, that's seems easy to find, but if you need something that will scroll, like what I need, that seems to be elusive or non-existent.

Google Keep will scroll, but not with individual notes. The widget will only show all the notes and you can scroll through them, but you can't display a single note, nor can you scroll a single note within the list. I even deleted all of the notes except the one I wanted to display and Google Keep truncated it and would not scroll.

I believe I've come to the end of the time I'm willing to put into this search. If anyone finds anything that will do this, please update this thread.

Thanks!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-01-2016 06:40 PM