Deleting unwanted Touchpal...did not come preinstalled

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I added Touchpal keyboard a few months ago because I liked the lit up keyboard. On its own Touchpal has added 13 different languages to my apps; I only need english. When I try to delete it I am only given the choice of disabling it or force stop. I don't understand because I added the app a year after I started using the phone.

I have spent nearly five hours on this and other forums searching for an answer without luck. Emailed Touchpal and they said it must have been preloaded but it was not.

The only options that I have seen involve rooting it. Today out of nowhere five more apps were added called mediatek.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have seen other posts about shady behavior from TouchPal. Which device do you have? Go to Settings>Device Administrators, and see if TouchPal is listed there. If so, uncheck it, then try uninstalling it.

If that doesn't work, then you might have to try a factory reset (after backing up your data first). If TouchPal shows up again after the reset, and if you're certain it wasn't there when you first got the tablet, then the possibilites include (a) it was added by the manufacturer or carrier with a recent system update (they do sneaky things like this), or (b) it was installed as part of a malware attack to the system root, which would require you to reinstall the firmware.