Hi everybody, i'm searching for an app to forward calls from my Lenovo TAB A10-30 to my mobile phone samsung galaxy 3s, i would like to use my simcard in my tablet since i can use it as a modem while the samsung phone battery is old and end fast, yet i would like to receive calls, but since my sim card will be in my tablet, how is possible to transfer calls to my phone via bluetooth or in other way, are there anybody who knows any tricks, tutorial, or apps? Please send and help, thanks.
    09-08-2016 03:28 PM
    To the best of my knowledge the SIM card on tablets (or the tablet's hardware, for that matter) doesn't allow for phone calls, just mobile data transfer.

You can set up the phone to act as an external speaker when connected to a computer (paired via Bluetooth), but I'm not sure if said BT profile is available for mobile devices as you'd need a special driver for that (which is why it works with desktops).

IF you can make calls in your tablet, why not just use BT Headphones?

Another option is if your phone supports WiFi calling you could use your tablet as a hotspot and use the data to make calls via WiFi on your phone, but that would mean you're using a SIM card on your phone.

If you have access to Google Voice, however, you can use that number to make/receive calls on your tablet or any other device with the Hangouts apps.
    09-08-2016 05:06 PM
    My tablet doesn't have the call option, it receive messages when the sim card is inside, make calls is easier, what i want is to receive calls, but seems mission impossible, i thought that using an app for giving it the capacity to forward these calls would work, but my idea seems will not work as the tablet doesnät have the call option right?
    09-08-2016 09:19 PM
    Correct. Your tablet just doesn't have the hardware (or the SIM card the access) to make calls. You can use voice calls using data with services like Google Voice (or if you're not in the US, paid services like Skype Out), where the call takes place using either WiFi or mobile data that your tablet can handle, but that would be independent of your tablet's SIM, but that way you can use the a phone number and make/receive calls in your phone over WiFi (or using the tablet's hotspot) without a SIM in it (actually you can do the same on any data-enabled device you sign into, even a computer, using the same number).
    09-09-2016 11:18 AM
    My tablet have the sim card place but only for using the 4g internet... i bought it thinking it would make calls because it had this sim card slot... i have read forums where people make jokes like... who would want to place a huge phone in the ear such as a tablet... well sometimes it comes handy if you need a tablet a modem and phone at same time if you can't afford to buy a new phone with a better battery and need all those in one... so i opted for getting the tablet, but unfortunately it has no call option, i'm out of US and skype seems not the option i'm looking for, thanks for your interest in answering my question and try help.
    09-11-2016 07:57 AM
    Yeah, unfortunately SIM-Enabled tablets have always been meant for data-only, so no call hardware is available (and carriers disable voice for said SIMs). Skype Out does have international options for VoIP calls and an actual phone number, but unlike Google Voice, that's not free.
    2tropikalia likes this.
    09-12-2016 11:02 AM