Some of the developers of iPhone apps seem to be a little complacent with developing counterpart apps for the Android Market. Maybe if we inundate them with requests and show them how high the demand is, they'll get off of their keysters and start with the Android development. To make this easier for us all, I've compiled a list of some of the most popular iPhone apps that don't have an Android version yet, along with the email addresses, twitter accounts, and 'contact us' sites that you can all use to contact the developers to simply say "We want an Android app!" Just like money, demand talks. Plus, every new app we get (or at least get someone to get started on) is one less thing the Apple fan boys can brag about!

Please feel free to add any apps you would want to see (like IMDB for instance). Make sure you include the corresponding contact info. I'm hoping the Moderators will make this a sticky thread.

NOTE: As I was developing this list, I was going to include eBay, since they did not have an official Android app...that is until I saw it in the Market a couple days ago! The apps are coming, we just have to keep pressing people for them.

Smule products, including Ocarina, Sonic Vox, and Leaf Trombone
    Simplify Media
    ESPN Scorecenter and ESPN Raido
    -https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/index [select ESPN Mobile for 'Category']
    Kindle from Amazon
    Virtual Zippo Lighter
    Sports Illustrated and TIME magazine by Polar Mobile
    MLB.com At Bat
    AAA Roadside
    Virtuoso Piano Free 2
    NASA App
    -https://data.webmd.com/sdclive/SdcForm.aspx?FormId=ContactWebMD&pagetitle=Contact %20Us
    Mixology: Drink Recipies
    iHandy Level free and iHandy Carpenter
    Electrical ToolKit
    -support@iappsworld.com, feedback@iappsworld.com
    DINOSAURS: American Museum of Natural History Collections
    Allrecipies.com Dinner Spinner
    02-19-2010 12:04 PM

C'mon guys, let everyone know if you've sent emails asking for Android. And if there are other apps or games you want, just post the contact info for the developers at let others help your cause. No one can convince someone to develop Android apps by themselves. We all need to help each other. Don't just wait around for more perks to come to the Android Market. Go annoy some people until they start respecting your choice of software. We can't let the iPhoneys get comfortable with their two-year head start on us.
    02-19-2010 11:16 PM
    While I appreciate your enthusiasm, the iPhone is completely different. *Most* iPhone developers will not touch any other platform. It's just the way it is.
    02-20-2010 08:36 AM
    Sadly this is true. Also, keep in mind the Android market is still in its growth and many owners are just getting their feet wet. For an iPhone developer to spend the money and time to port their app over, they have to be 100% sure that the return on the investment with be worth it, and I dont think at this time they have that sense of security.
    02-20-2010 08:45 AM
    For me, personally, there's not a single app on that list above that I would even download for Android. I still have an iphone and use it.

First and foremost, I'd like to see the current Android apps obtain the same look and polish as iPhone apps have. Especially the one's that are ON both platforms like Yelp, Facebook, Foursquare, Photoshop and any number of Twitter apps. Not only do they not look as good on Android, they don't even have as many features as the iPhone counterparts.

After that, I'd like to see a decent photo editor. Picsay is junk compared to Photo fx or Camerabag on the iPhone. So perhaps those would be welcomed ports.

As for others. Maybe IMDB, Flickr, Boxee, and Words with Friends would be nice on Android.
    02-20-2010 10:33 AM
    WOW, I sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm for this and the detailed information - really, seriously... that was some serious research and great information.

However, I disagree with the concept and the principle. As an example: I own a 1977 F250 pick up with a V8 460. in case you're not familiar with that - it's a ridiculously powerful towing work truck. I also own a 2009 Toyota Corolla. They are completely different animals with completely different engines and internal components. I think it would be unreasonable for me to petition my mechanic to make my truck get 30 miles per gallon. It would also be unreasonable for me to demand my Toyota dealer make my little Corolla able to tow a camper trailer.

As the end users we want as many apps and as much functionality as possible - but, Apple apps on Android is as unreasonable an expectation as a Corolla towing a trailer. It would be nice, but it ain't gonna happen - no matter how many emails we send.
    02-20-2010 10:52 AM
    Ok, so not all of them are going to cater to us for financial reasons, but the major ones like ESPN, Polarmobile (working for SI and TIME), Amazon (already has store app on Android), and NASA should be able to port their apps to Android once they realize there is enough demand out there. Would it really hurt to try? Maybe they'll do it just so we'll stop annoying them.
    03-14-2010 04:10 PM
    ...Maybe they'll do it just so we'll stop annoying them.
    Or maybe they WON'T do it because they are pissed off at the fact that you (we, all of us), are being so annoying.
    03-14-2010 11:51 PM
    Or maybe they WON'T do it because they are pissed off at the fact that you (we, all of us), are being so annoying.
    Its called DEMAND. Money talks. Period.
    03-15-2010 09:16 AM