Bone Picking Irritant

Crimzon Scythe

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Alright, so.... I went through a lot of these threads and I didnt find this to be a major or properly discussed issue (Note: I didnt go through ALL the threads, so sorry if it HAS been discussed).

Is anyone else pissed or annoyed when they download an app that claims offline use is possible or the app doesnt specify if it's online only but they require a continuous conection to simply start or do anything at all? I mean, I cant be the ONLY one that doesnt have the web at home and has to rely on free wifi hotspots to do anything on their phone am I? There has to be others that have the same issue when trying to find something to do offline inbetween online sessions=/

I suppose the issue I have here is that it should be mandatory for ALL apps to specify wether they can be played offline or require an online conection to be played. Anyone else think this should be a thing? Cos I am getting sick of wasting what little mobile data I get when I recharge my phone account on downloading what claims to be offline but in fact isnt.

For example, if you use the google play store app and search "Offline games", Summoners War will show up in that list (Last I checked it did anyways, which was about a week ago), which is NOT an offline playable game. And before anyone says anything against this, I have downloaded it 4 (thats FOUR times) and unless I connect to the net it wont get past the boot screen before telling me that an internet conection is needed and the shutting it's self down and going back to the home screen or lagging my phone to a stand still forcing me to remove tha battery just so I can shut it down my self. Every time. EVERY TIME!!! Offline my ***>.>

So's yeah, anyone else have these issues or concerns? Should it be mandatory for ALL apps to specify if they are offline or online only? Whats your take on this?

(Yes, my grammer is all over the place, I know. Sue me. XD XP)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with you--that would be a nice thing to know before installing an app (especially if you have to pay for it). But I think some apps only require that connection the first time you open it--it might be a one time license check. When you tried to play Summoners War, did it ask for an internet connection every time, even if you connected once before?

BTW, I'm going to move this from the Google Play Games forum to the Android Apps forum. The former is intended for the actual Google Play Games app/service, rather than games or apps in general.

Crimzon Scythe

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I have downloaded Summoners War four times on three different devices and even after a half dozen or so online sessions, it says that it cant connect to the server when I try and play it offline or that the account cant be sync'd because there is no internet connection=/

Ah... Righteo then, ma bad. Thanks for that.