Can silent mode switching be integrated with calendar appointments?

mids1999

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
On my old Windows phone (Samsung Blackjack), silent mode and vibrate were integrated with the calendar. For example if I was to schedule a meeting in the calendar and set myself as busy, the phone would go into silent mode until the time that I scheduled the meeting to end.

I would love to have that feature on my new Android phone (AT&T HTC Inspire).
Is there a way to do it?

If possible, I would like to be able to do this through something that integrates with the calendar, like my old windows phone did.

Can this be done?

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks,

How do I do it?

You could do this with a single profile in Tasker. Create a profile using a Calendar Entry context, and set the "Available" field to "No". Then for the Task you would use the "Silent Mode" action to set silent mode to "On".

That's it. When the event ends, Tasker will return silent mode to its previous state.

For someone familiar with Tasker, this would take all of 30 seconds. If you're new to Tasker it will probably take longer, but it's a very simple profile considering what Tasker can do.

mids1999

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I am lost.

I purchased tasker and I am still trying to figure out how to do the above suggestion.

Can someone please take me through a step by step on how to set up tasker to do what was proposed by UncleMike?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22