Mobile Browser Stuff

ZimLanfire

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Greetings Everyone!

I've been using XScope Pro for a while now. I never have any problems with it, and I don't mind it at all; however I'm always up for new and improved.

With the disappointment in the new Firefox browser, I'm wondering what everyone is using currently.

Bailarge

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I went with Dolphin HD per recommendations on the Thunderbolt board. It was the first thing I downloaded when I got my phone. I have gone back since. It's a really good one. I love how the bookmark system works (just swipe to the right and they'll pop up), and after I got rid of a few things (the gestures were unnecessary to me, as were most of the pre-loaded bookmarks), I found it to be really great. Can't see myself getting anything else.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I use firefox, I have huge browsing histories, bookmarks and passwords on my desktop firefox, the sync really made firefox mobile so much easier to use. Minimum typing in most occasions.

I do also have opera mobile installed, its very fast and smooth.

Dolphin hd isn't fast, nor smooth on my galaxy tab.. Not sure why.

Last edited:

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I was always going back to the stock browser, it just seems to work like it should on my Epic.

Lately I have found Skyfire to be working much like the stock browser but with a few nice features. I have been using it instead of the stock browser completely, which is something I never quite felt good about with any of the others I have tried. Android Central mentioned a new version is due soon and I'm looking forward to it.

I also have been using Firefox since the early releases. It has gotten much better over time but I still am not ready for it to be my first choice. I really like a lot of what it brings and I think one day it will be the only one I use. The add-ons are nice (I prefer the way Firefox implements them vs. Dolphin HD). The personas on the mobile browser is a nice touch too. It really needs flash, the SwiftKey bug fixed, startup time speeds improved, checker boarding addressed and just some overall stability improvements.

I have also used Opera 11 Mobile, which is pretty dang good and I can see why people really like it. The thing I did not prefer was this: I typically use the mobile version of a website when available, they just load fast and I don't have to to waste time moving the pages around to see / read them. So on Android Central, the main page works great. Go into the forum though and the text is tiny, you have to double tap the screen on every new page load to resize and zoom. The stock & Skyfire browsers do not do this, though Firefox does. I tried playing with the settings to get around this but was not able to figure out how to change it. I will probably use this browser again in the future though, it really is nice.

For some reason I just don't like Dolphin HD all that much. It works fine and all but I prefer Skyfire and stock over it at this time.

I quickly tried Miren and xScope, maybe I'll give them another test run sometime. Also for anyone interested in xScope Pro it's on sale at the Amazon Appstore right now.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12