09-02-2012 07:57 PM
294 ... 89101112
tools
    The birthday widget pulls off the criteria you enter in the gMail (pc/mac version) contact you have.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.

So you are saying that I have to add any birthday information in Gmail and the it will show up on the phone under the contact and then in the widget as well?? WOW, how come no one ever told me this one?!?!
    07-27-2011 11:43 PM
    Correct. I'm sorry. I thought I called & told you about this feature years ago

07-27-2011 11:56 PM
    So you are saying that I have to add any birthday information in Gmail and the it will show up on the phone under the contact and then in the widget as well?? WOW, how come no one ever told me this one?!?!
    Me too. I've never actually use the birthday widget. Never seen the purpose of it.

Thanks for this info. Appreciate it.
    07-28-2011 07:14 PM

LMBO. Dial the right # next time PP.
    07-29-2011 09:20 AM
    Me too. I've never actually use the birthday widget. Never seen the purpose of it.

Thanks for this info. Appreciate it.
    The purpose for me is I have a LOT of family/friends that I'd like notification say a week out when the actual day is coming. I had this on prior phones but did not know where nor how to set it up on this one. Anniversaries can be set too. And I think it had another option in gmail's settings. I'll test it later on

Onwards about SPB 3D...

I like the Bookmarks folder now that I know what it is. O_o

Certain LWP make it terribly slow as so noted

I love the landscape/portrait mode feature lots. :-D

I'll add more as I think of them.
    07-29-2011 09:24 AM
    I really like that SPB shell devs are doing their best to make this app one of the best launcher ever. However, just like any updates - there are usually bugs that comes along with them. There are customers who are experiencing some kind of problems. I hope the developer(s) are reading the feedback left by customers on the market. Personally, one issue I've noticed since the recent update, is the screen going dark sometimes after exiting an application.

Has i've said before... sending an email to the developer, would result in a faster respond then leaving a complaint on their feedback page.

Ps. To have SPB shell 3d as your default launcher, remember to put a check inside check-box below. Before tapping SPB Shell.
    07-29-2011 10:13 PM
    The Birthday widget is great now that I've set it up. I did anniversary and custom to which I will remove the latter as nothing shows up. It's a start.
    07-30-2011 01:57 AM
    This info is for those experiencing "crashes" since or before the recent update.

Install 'log collector' from Android Market. When SPB shell 3D crashes - send log collector "crash logs." The developer will then send to you an APK file to install a new version of the app. Instructions are posted below.

1. Make full uninstall the previous version.

2. Once the APK file is downloaded, bring the corresponding notification and tap on it.

3. Tap "Install" and then "Done"

4. Press the "Home" hardware button.

Also, please try new version of Log Collector.

You can download it at:

http://spbgo.com/ms/LogCollector-debug.apk

After installing launch the LogCollector once (after the launch you can just press the back key to close it).

If SPB Shell 3D crashes you will see a notification in the status bar. Tap it to open an email client for sending the crash logs via email.
    08-02-2011 10:35 AM
    Hey guys... How have you been liking the recent / latest update for SPB Shell 3D thus far?

I'm really loving this update out of them all. Especially the (long awaited) landscape mode. Heh, how cool is that.

The developer would love to hear about any new or needed features that you would love to see in future updates. So feel free to 'shoot' em' an email. All suggestions are welcomed.
    08-12-2011 04:07 PM
    Hey all looking for some pointers on backing up settings. I'm installing a new rom (froyo to gb) and my son wants the setup to stay the same for spb. I installed spb on his phone back in April he does have version 1.2 for spb, so it's up to date. Just can't find a way to do this. I do have TiBu on his phone but I would think there was a built in spb backup?
    08-12-2011 04:26 PM
    Hey all looking for some pointers on backing up settings. I'm installing a new rom (froyo to gb) and my son wants the setup to stay the same for spb. I installed spb on his phone back in April he does have version 1.2 for spb, so it's up to date. Just can't find a way to do this. I do have TiBu on his phone but I would think there was a built in spb backup?
    I don't think their is such a "backup setting' as of yet. (Thinking) •> As far as updating from froyo to gingerbread, I don't think that will change the settings on Spb Shell 3D. It never did when I was using HTC Sense. (I'm not rooted, so if you're talking about a rooted device, then I wouldn't know how that would work.)
    Note: Uninstall or clearing data on the application would revert all settings to factory default.
    Spb Shell 3D is very intuitive, and fixing your settings / display to how they were before - is really EASY.
    08-13-2011 11:12 AM
    Paper & Pencil is the way to back up SPB. Worked flawlessly for me.

RUSH likes this.
    08-13-2011 12:00 PM
    Hey there fellow supporters, I was told that a new update is just around the corner - so get ready for another mind blowing explosion.

This update should fix problems that most users are experiencing. Keep a lookout on the Android Market.

Ps. Remember, if you have an idea, or a missing feature that you would love to see added to the launcher...just shoot em' an email.
    08-24-2011 03:45 PM
    Most of my coworkers have Android phones. When I show them the SPB Shell they all love it & ask how to get it. When I tell them its a $15 app available in the Market, they all "shy away".

Not one person I work with has purchased it.

Unfortunately, because most apps are $5 or less, there is an unwarranted perception out there that a $15 app is out of the question and a "rip off".

The tight assess out there don't know what they've missing.

08-24-2011 10:46 PM
    Well display is my largest memory hog between SPB and Regina. I go back and forwards from them to the stock. Big battery drainers too. Still, SPB shell is working pretty good.
    08-25-2011 08:03 AM
    Update is available;

Recently changed in this version:
    - Fixed problem with loading on Motorola Droid 3.
    - Fixed bug automatic Flickr updating.
    - UI improvements in the tablet mode.
    - Other bug fixes.

To update open market - and tap on my apps - then update. Report back on how this update has helped you - if any.
    08-25-2011 01:02 PM
    No pain but no gain on this update. So it's a wash for me.

Can anyone post a screenshot(s) of SPB on a tablet?

My wife has a Xoom & I'm open to the idea of installing the SPB Shell on it, but I'm a bit skeptical after seeing other 3rd party launchers installed on it. They just don't give the same functionality as you get when using a phone device.

08-26-2011 01:20 AM
    I had downloaded several new applications and my Atrix was getting a little flaky with freezing and reboots. Since I updated the Shell 3D it has been rock solid and continues to be fast and smooth.
    08-26-2011 12:23 PM
    Hopefully soon...spb shell 3d will be the 'launcher' we're all hoping / EXPECTING it to be. Many more exciting features are in store. In the meantime - keep enjoying one of the best launcher EVER.

Ps. $15 is a small donation for such an awesome application / launcher. Don't you think so. Let's hear your OPINION / VIEWS on whether or not this launcher is actually WORTH IT.
    09-03-2011 02:10 PM
    It's worth it. I smoke $15 worth of cigarettes in 2 days & have had $15 worth of SPB 3D Shell for 5 months & plan on keeping it for the foreseeable future. Definitely worth the price.

RUSH likes this.
    09-04-2011 02:46 PM
    It's worth it. I smoke $15 worth of cigarettes in 2 days & have had $15 worth of SPB 3D Shell for 5 months & plan on keeping it for the foreseeable future. Definitely worth the price.

I agree. If only more androiders wasn't looking for every app to be $.99.
    09-04-2011 03:14 PM
    I was very skeptical about the price vs. the product, i decided to give it a go on my ns4g. I couldn't be happier about the purchase! for me this is trumps live wallpaper hands down... might want to look into the weather app, it's a little off when it comes to following my current location. it is displaying the wrong city... other than that, pretty solid! good work!!!
    09-06-2011 08:03 AM
    I was very skeptical about the price vs. the product, i decided to give it a go on my ns4g. I couldn't be happier about the purchase! for me this is trumps live wallpaper hands down... might want to look into the weather app, it's a little off when it comes to following my current location. it is displaying the wrong city... other than that, pretty solid! good work!!!
    I don't think we'll ever get a solid working weather application. Why? Because "data updates" to the weather app are updated from a third party source (Airports) and aren't always reliable.
    09-08-2011 12:02 PM
    Hey guys...Are you tired of waiting for SPB Shell 3D to load. Do you get frustrated on how long it takes just to load...then do what I did -- Let the developer(s) of Spb shell 3d knows that you would love to have "fast boot" implemented in an upcoming update. It's better to send them an Email than to leave a feedback on the Android market.

Anyone who uses the launcher (spb shell 3d), cannot deny that the loading time on this launcher is WAY too slow. Spb shell told me that they are looking into making the launcher loading / boot-up time a lot faster. Well, that's what they say - so, I'm just waiting to see. Looking back at Spb shell update records - they're much better than most application on the market in pushing updates for their applications. So... there's REALLY no reason not to believe them.

So..if you wanna see fast-boot implemented in an upcoming update. You know what to do, drop spb shell an Email - letting them know how much this feature means to you -- and it would definitely be a Big Plus to Spb shell 3D.

[SPB Shell 3D is totally cool]
    09-19-2011 06:17 PM
    How is battery life? I just installed this on my tbolt, and system claims it is now the highest battery user. I know it may just be from getting it setup, but how is battery life for everyone else?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    09-21-2011 10:33 PM
294 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD