09-02-2012 07:57 PM
294 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Gingerbread + SPB Shell 3D = Awesome phone. (EVO)

How is gingerbread & SPB shell working out for you. Any problems or concern?
    06-05-2011 10:41 AM
    Gingerbread + SPB Shell 3D = Awesome phone. (EVO)

How is gingerbread & SPB shell working out for you. Any problems or concern?
    Rushrl, What's Gingerbread I'm enjoying Froyo and no sign of Gbread for Incredible anytime soon. But I'm keeping hope alive. Any means of getting Gingerbread on Incredible without Root?
    06-06-2011 07:17 AM
    With the new feature "fast boot" that came with "gingerbread version 2.3", how's it working out for you with Spb shell 3d launcher? For me, it does boot-up really fast, but most time some applications are missing on boot-up, then reappear a few seconds later. No biggie, but still an issue. Each individual results may vary.

Are you experiencing any kind of hiccups?
    06-08-2011 08:31 AM
    With the new feature "fast boot" that came with "gingerbread version 2.3", how's it working out for you with Spb shell 3d launcher? For me, it does boot-up really fast, but most time some applications are missing on boot-up, then reappear a few seconds later. No biggie, but still an issue. Each individual results may vary.

Are you experiencing any kind of hiccups?
    Are the apps that are missing and reappear ones you have moved to sd?
    06-08-2011 09:51 AM
    Are the apps that are missing and reappear ones you have moved to sd?
    I believe so... I never thought of that before.
    06-08-2011 03:53 PM
    I believe so... I never thought of that before.
    Yep It's always happened like that for me even when I was on my EVO without SPB
    Just an android thing I'm sure
    06-08-2011 05:04 PM
    Well another update for Spb Shell 3D. That makes 7 updates since Apr 1.

Has anyone upgraded yet to this latest release? How is it working?

Release History

Version 1.1.3 (Jun 9, 2011):

Calendar widget issue fixed
    Gestures in 3D widgets improved
    Small folder renaming fixed
    Stability improvements
    Other bug fixes

Version 1.1.2 (May 26, 2011):
    Option to turn off 3D in application list
    Fixed problem with displaying alarms
    Fixed problem with Flickr updating
    Fixed gradients banding on Samsung Galaxy S II
    Performance improvements

Version 1.1.1 (May 19, 2011):
    Improvements and bug fixes in 3D program list
    Other bugs fixes
    Version 1.1 (May 12, 2011):
    Free widget replacement (option)
    Live wallpaper support
    3D birthday widget
    3D scrolling in program list
    All day events support
    Redesigned calendar panel
    Stability bug fixes
    Performance improvements

Version 1.0.4 (Apr 21, 2011):
    Fixed automatic backlight
    Fixed problem with weather settings saving
    Fixed problem with tap'n'hold
    Fixed problem with HTC Thunderbolt
    Other bug fixes

Version 1.0.3 (Apr 7, 2011):
    Fixed black screen on start problem
    Fixed settings saving

Version 1.0.2 (Apr 5, 2011):
    Fixed widgets disappearing after reboot
    Fixed crash in city selection dialog
    Added Traditional Chinese localization
    Other bug fixes

Version 1.0.1 (Mar 30, 2011):
    Fixed problem with return from landscape mode on QWERTY devices (Droid, Milestone, etc)
    Improved localization

Version 1.0 (Mar 30, 2011):
    Initial release
    06-23-2011 10:23 PM
    Well another update for Spb Shell 3D. That makes 7 updates since Apr 1.

Has anyone upgraded yet to this latest release? How is it working?

Release History

Version 1.1.3 (Jun 9, 2011):

Calendar widget issue fixed
    Gestures in 3D widgets improved
    Small folder renaming fixed
    Stability improvements
    Other bug fixes

Version 1.1.2 (May 26, 2011):
    Option to turn off 3D in application list
    Fixed problem with displaying alarms
    Fixed problem with Flickr updating
    Fixed gradients banding on Samsung Galaxy S II
    Performance improvements

Version 1.1.1 (May 19, 2011):
    Improvements and bug fixes in 3D program list
    Other bugs fixes
    Version 1.1 (May 12, 2011):
    Free widget replacement (option)
    Live wallpaper support
    3D birthday widget
    3D scrolling in program list
    All day events support
    Redesigned calendar panel
    Stability bug fixes
    Performance improvements

Version 1.0.4 (Apr 21, 2011):
    Fixed automatic backlight
    Fixed problem with weather settings saving
    Fixed problem with tap'n'hold
    Fixed problem with HTC Thunderbolt
    Other bug fixes

Version 1.0.3 (Apr 7, 2011):
    Fixed black screen on start problem
    Fixed settings saving

Version 1.0.2 (Apr 5, 2011):
    Fixed widgets disappearing after reboot
    Fixed crash in city selection dialog
    Added Traditional Chinese localization
    Other bug fixes

Version 1.0.1 (Mar 30, 2011):
    Fixed problem with return from landscape mode on QWERTY devices (Droid, Milestone, etc)
    Improved localization

Version 1.0 (Mar 30, 2011):
    Initial release
    Works great... No problems here.

I wonder what goodies we'll be getting in the upcoming update. *-*
    06-28-2011 07:05 PM
    No problems here
    07-01-2011 10:14 PM
    I'm looking to have options when it comes to choosing scrollable Widgets. I want the same amount we get on HTC Sense.

I know... that's why I'm trying not to complain too much. :-D

No... but I'll go check it out.
    I see on the scrollable widgets. Did you check out SPB Time yet??
    07-01-2011 10:17 PM
    I always have the "choose default home launcher" bug.

BUT, I found the trigger which resets the saved setting :

The default home preset value is resetted every time I do a long click on Home (pop-up the "opened programs list") ; then, the next click on the home button will display the android "choose home launcher" pop-up.

Am I clear ?
    Is it a Sense, Android, or HTC ROM bug ?

I wrote to SPB support, but I'm not sure they can correct something that is outside their perimeter.

Any idea here ?
    07-05-2011 10:51 AM
    I got the new EVO 3D and loaded SPB Shell. Worked perfectly until I had to restart the phone. SPB Shell would not load. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my phone, Home Switcher app, etc etc. Nothing works to let me use SPB Shell on my phone now. Anybody else seeing this?
    07-05-2011 07:49 PM
    I installed SPB Shell 3D v1.1.3 earlier today. I am using an Motorola Atrix 4G. It seems to work well for the most part, however I can not get my Appointments and Meetings to show up on the Shell 3D Calendar.

What should I try to get the Calendar to work?
    07-06-2011 06:39 PM
    I am not sure what makes this happen, but SPB Shell 3D actually made my Atrix must faster and smoother for everything. Not sure if MotoBLUR was holding it back or what. This is really something to see.
    07-07-2011 06:25 PM

I contacted the SPB support for my problem (default settings not saved).

They wrote to me :
    " Thank you for the feedback, I'll forward your message to our developers. I hope it will be fixed in the future updates. We constantly work on improving SPB Shell 3D and your feedback is very important for us.

We are sorry that you had some problems with our software. We are doing our best to ensure the best stability and performance on users phones. Our goal is to keep all of our customers satisfied so we would like to compensate problems you had we are software we will consider giving you a refund that goes beyond Google’s 15 minutes. We hope there were some positive sides in our software as well. If you decide to post a review on Android Market we would appreciate if you mention those sides as well. If you get a refund we would like to ask not to make this information public without the detailed story behind it."

I thought : that's great coop' work ! I helped them and they offers me a free licence ! What a pro attitude !

No. !!!
    Application was automatically uninstalled, phone reboots, and get away Shell 3D !!!!
    They just made me an ex-customer, without announcing me, without telling me that the refund THEY offer is in fact the lost of all my settings and the right to use the app I paid !!!!!

They don't care customers. This is unacceptable. Be careful.
    07-13-2011 09:55 AM
    I'm not sure of what's going on with SPB shell 3D app. I've tried contacting them about some of the problems that we're experiencing...and no one has gotten back to me as yet.

A lot of promises were made about additional scrolling Widgets, and other features. Which users are still waiting on... I'm waiting patiently to see what happen in the coming months. In the meantime, anyone having any issues and / or complaints should send them an email, or contact them via their twitter account. @spb shell software.

Ps. Uninstall & reinstall the app usually fixed most problems. Although doing so is a pain in the...you know where.
    07-16-2011 10:47 PM
    I had to contact them to resolve an issue last week or two. I made sure I emailed them daily until I heard from them. See the Corporate Users Guide to "Using Email as an Offensive Weapon" first published in 1978. Given they are in St. Petersburg Russia it may take a little lag time, but I have found they do respond. Although sometimes it looks like they reply with standard Boiler Plate responses.

Even though they have had 7 updates since the launch in April they do need to add some real function which customers are asking for and I warned them Go Launcher EX was just a click away from replacing them.
    07-18-2011 06:27 PM
    The best thing about SPB shell 3D is that it's more attractive than HTC sense. Plus, it has more options & an awesome eye candy. Frankly... I just love the damn thing - they just need to continue supporting their work.
    07-18-2011 09:06 PM
    Great news; I was told this morning by a reliable source (from inside SPB shell) that updates are in progress, and will be here very SOON. This source haven't let me down yet. So I'm pretty sure we will be getting these updates. In the meantime - kickback & enjoy one of the best launcher thus far.
    07-19-2011 04:51 PM
    I hope they fix some problems like not working correctly on my EVO 3D. It has was too long of delay starting. Goes in a contant loop. I have reformatted did everything on the EVO 3D to get it to work, and it just doesn't work right. I did send a note to SPB about what the problem was. Hopefully they will fix it. I am using Sense 3.0 which I hate the dock. Hopefully SPB adds widgets that everyone is requesting.
    07-25-2011 07:24 AM
    I just updated something and I am off to test what it is. Rush, where are YOU?
    07-26-2011 09:56 PM
    UPDATE IS HERE.

The developer of SPB Shell has released an update now available on the Android market. Go check it out.
    Those who want to have a real 3D experience using their mobile device and lose themselves in a real mobile 3D world can test the innovative feature available in the new version stereoscopic 3D mode.

New Features:

Landscape support 3D edit mode Stereoscopic 3D (experimental).
    Switch between smartphone/tablet mode (experimental).
    Improved overall design.
    Improved settings Improved calendar panel Bookmarks folder.
    Improved contact widgets management. And many more. (Market - menu - my apps - update.)

Ps. For those who are experiencing problems should uninstall & reinstall the application. This method usually fix most issues. And for those who have any comment, suggestion, or concerned can contact the developer(s) directly by sending them an email. Rather then leaving a bad review on the market.

Enjoy!!!
    LadyDi likes this.
    07-26-2011 10:17 PM
    UPDATE IS HERE.

The developer of SPB Shell has released an update now available on the Android market. Go check it out.
    Those who want to have a real 3D experience using their mobile device and lose themselves in a real mobile 3D world can test the innovative feature available in the new version stereoscopic 3D mode.

New Features:

Landscape support 3D edit mode
    Stereoscopic 3D (experimental).
    Switch between smartphone/tablet mode (experimental).
    Improved overall design.
    Improved settings Improved calendar panel Bookmarks folder.
    Improved contact widgets management. And many more. (Market - menu - my apps - update.)

Ps. For those who are experiencing problems should uninstall & reinstall the application. This method usually fix most issues. And for those who have any comment, suggestion, or concerned can contact the developer(s) directly by sending them an email. Rather then leaving a bad review on the market.

Enjoy!!!

Landscape 3D I like

Stereoscopic 3D not like, made phone movements lag badly. Didn't care for the look too toughly
    except in the B&W affect

Calendar panel looks good but I wish I could change the Sat/Sun/current day colors. I do not like red at all.

Widget panel looks hellah good as does Home Settings panel

Birthday widget has never worked for me.

I am just listing these here as I will make the proper contacts after I figure them all out.

Thanks Rush and I've love to read your thoughts thus far. Die-harders we are!!
    RUSH likes this.
    07-27-2011 12:08 AM
    Birthday widget has never worked for me.
    The birthday widget pulls off the criteria you enter in the gMail (pc/mac version) contact you have.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.
    07-27-2011 12:42 AM
    Upgraded to Android 2.3.4 on Saturday and Shell 3D v1.2 yesterday. Both runnig very well. Shell 3D is simply the best on the market right now and has been, especilaly for business users. Customers keep making suggestions and Spb keeps the releases coming. The 9th update since April.
    07-27-2011 10:03 PM
294 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD