??The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns about SPB Shell 3D App ??

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: ??The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns ab

I just updated something and I am off to test what it is. Rush, where are YOU? :D

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

UPDATE IS HERE.

The developer of SPB Shell has released an update now available on the Android market. Go check it out.
Those who want to have a real 3D experience using their mobile device and lose themselves in a real mobile 3D world can test the innovative feature available in the new version ?stereoscopic 3D mode.

New Features:

Landscape support 3D edit mode Stereoscopic 3D (experimental).
Switch between smartphone/tablet mode (experimental).
Improved overall design.
Improved settings Improved calendar panel Bookmarks folder.
Improved contact widgets management. And many more. (Market - menu - my apps - update.)

Ps. For those who are experiencing problems should uninstall & reinstall the application. This method usually fix most issues. And for those who have any comment, suggestion, or concerned can contact the developer(s) directly by sending them an email. Rather then leaving a bad review on the market.

Enjoy!!! :D

Reactions: LadyDi

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

UPDATE IS HERE.

The developer of SPB Shell has released an update now available on the Android market. Go check it out.
Those who want to have a real 3D experience using their mobile device and lose themselves in a real mobile 3D world can test the innovative feature available in the new version ?stereoscopic 3D mode.

New Features:

Landscape support 3D edit mode
Stereoscopic 3D (experimental).
Switch between smartphone/tablet mode (experimental).
Improved overall design.
Improved settings Improved calendar panel Bookmarks folder.
Improved contact widgets management. And many more. (Market - menu - my apps - update.)

Ps. For those who are experiencing problems should uninstall & reinstall the application. This method usually fix most issues. And for those who have any comment, suggestion, or concerned can contact the developer(s) directly by sending them an email. Rather then leaving a bad review on the market.

Enjoy!!! :D

Landscape 3D I like

Stereoscopic 3D not like, made phone movements lag badly. Didn't care for the look too toughly
except in the B&W affect

Calendar panel looks good but I wish I could change the Sat/Sun/current day colors. I do not like red at all.

Widget panel looks hellah good as does Home Settings panel

Birthday widget has never worked for me.

I am just listing these here as I will make the proper contacts after I figure them all out.

Thanks Rush and I've love to read your thoughts thus far. Die-harders we are!!

Reactions: RUSH

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Upgraded to Android 2.3.4 on Saturday and Shell 3D v1.2 yesterday. Both runnig very well. Shell 3D is simply the best on the market right now and has been, especilaly for business users. Customers keep making suggestions and Spb keeps the releases coming. The 9th update since April.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

The birthday widget pulls off the criteria you enter in the gMail (pc/mac version) contact you have.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.

So you are saying that I have to add any birthday information in Gmail and the it will show up on the phone under the contact and then in the widget as well?? WOW, how come no one ever told me this one?!?!

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Correct. I'm sorry. I thought I called & told you about this feature years ago :)

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

So you are saying that I have to add any birthday information in Gmail and the it will show up on the phone under the contact and then in the widget as well?? WOW, how come no one ever told me this one?!?!
Me too. I've never actually use the birthday widget. Never seen the purpose of it.
Correct. I'm sorry. I thought I called & told you about this feature years ago :)

Thanks for this info. Appreciate it. :)

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Me too. I've never actually use the birthday widget. Never seen the purpose of it.

Thanks for this info. Appreciate it. :)

The purpose for me is I have a LOT of family/friends that I'd like notification say a week out when the actual day is coming. I had this on prior phones but did not know where nor how to set it up on this one. Anniversaries can be set too. And I think it had another option in gmail's settings. I'll test it later on

Onwards about SPB 3D...

I like the Bookmarks folder now that I know what it is. o_O

Certain LWP make it terribly slow as so noted

I love the landscape/portrait mode feature lots. :-D

I'll add more as I think of them.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I really like that SPB shell devs are doing their best to make this app one of the best launcher ever. However, just like any updates - there are usually bugs that comes along with them. There are customers who are experiencing some kind of problems. I hope the developer(s) are reading the feedback left by customers on the market. Personally, one issue I've noticed since the recent update, is the screen going dark sometimes after exiting an application.

Has i've said before... sending an email to the developer, would result in a faster respond then leaving a complaint on their feedback page.

Ps. To have SPB shell 3d as your default launcher, remember to put a check inside check-box below. Before tapping SPB Shell.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

The Birthday widget is great now that I've set it up. I did anniversary and custom to which I will remove the latter as nothing shows up. It's a start.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

This info is for those experiencing "crashes" since or before the recent update.

Install 'log collector' from Android Market. When SPB shell 3D crashes - send log collector "crash logs." The developer will then send to you an APK file to install a new version of the app. Instructions are posted below.

1. Make full uninstall the previous version.

2. Once the APK file is downloaded, bring the corresponding notification and tap on it.

3. Tap "Install" and then "Done"

4. Press the "Home" hardware button.

Also, please try new version of Log Collector.

You can download it at:

http://spbgo.com/ms/LogCollector-debug.apk

After installing launch the LogCollector once (after the launch you can just press the back key to close it).

If SPB Shell 3D crashes you will see a notification in the status bar. Tap it to open an email client for sending the crash logs via email.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys... How have you been liking the recent / latest update for SPB Shell 3D thus far?

I'm really loving this update out of them all. Especially the (long awaited) landscape mode. Heh, how cool is that. :)

The developer would love to hear about any new or needed features that you would love to see in future updates. So feel free to 'shoot' em' an email. All suggestions are welcomed. :)

Tomween1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Hey all looking for some pointers on backing up settings. I'm installing a new rom (froyo to gb) and my son wants the setup to stay the same for spb. I installed spb on his phone back in April he does have version 1.2 for spb, so it's up to date. Just can't find a way to do this. I do have TiBu on his phone but I would think there was a built in spb backup?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Hey all looking for some pointers on backing up settings. I'm installing a new rom (froyo to gb) and my son wants the setup to stay the same for spb. I installed spb on his phone back in April he does have version 1.2 for spb, so it's up to date. Just can't find a way to do this. I do have TiBu on his phone but I would think there was a built in spb backup?
I don't think their is such a "backup setting' as of yet. (Thinking) •> As far as updating from froyo to gingerbread, I don't think that will change the settings on Spb Shell 3D. It never did when I was using HTC Sense. (I'm not rooted, so if you're talking about a rooted device, then I wouldn't know how that would work.)
Note: Uninstall or clearing data on the application would revert all settings to factory default.
Spb Shell 3D is very intuitive, and fixing your settings / display to how they were before - is really EASY. :D

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Hey there fellow supporters, I was told that a new update is just around the corner - so get ready for another mind blowing explosion.

This update should fix problems that most users are experiencing. Keep a lookout on the Android Market.

Ps. Remember, if you have an idea, or a missing feature that you would love to see added to the launcher...just shoot em' an email.

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Most of my coworkers have Android phones. When I show them the SPB Shell they all love it & ask how to get it. When I tell them its a $15 app available in the Market, they all "shy away".

Not one person I work with has purchased it.

Unfortunately, because most apps are $5 or less, there is an unwarranted perception out there that a $15 app is out of the question and a "rip off".

The tight assess out there don't know what they've missing.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Well display is my largest memory hog between SPB and Regina. I go back and forwards from them to the stock. Big battery drainers too. Still, SPB shell is working pretty good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463