??The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns about SPB Shell 3D App ??

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: ??The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns ab

Hey Guys.. Have there been any recent update to Spb Shell 3D?, I wouldn't know because since I've been using my Evo 3d with Sense 3.0 _ I really don't need to use shell no more. The last update rarely did any justice for all the complaints that was left on Spb shell feedback page. After having too many restarting and sluggishness...I was forced to upgrade to a device which has HTC latest Sense UI. I do hope the developer(s) of Spb shell 3d are aware of these issues and are in progress of addressing these ongoing problems for their loyal customers.

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys.. Have there been any recent update to Spb Shell 3D?, I wouldn't know because since I've been using my Evo 3d with Sense 3.0 _ I really don't need to use shell no more. The last update rarely did any justice for all the complaints that was left on Spb shell feedback page. After having too many restarting and sluggishness...I was forced to upgrade to a device which has HTC latest Sense UI. I do hope the developer(s) of Spb shell 3d are aware of these issues and are in progress of addressing these ongoing problems for their loyal customers.

I had to chase them for an update on the crash logs I sent them because no one got back to me... and the told me I wasn't using the latest version (even though I was using the link they sent me) so now we are going through the whole process again. I've sent some more logs and will chase them again in a week but I think it's a lost cause. My sister is using it on her Motorola and it works flawlessly.

For me it runs like a star but there are just those two animations that make it wig out. I wish I knew whyyyyyyyy!!

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Rushrl, Shell 3D is still running flawlessly on my Atrix 4G. Last update was in Oct.

Curious though, are you saying Sense 3.0 has all the bells and whistles of Shell 3D?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Rushrl, Shell 3D is still running flawlessly on my Atrix 4G. Last update was in Oct.

Curious though, are you saying Sense 3.0 has all the bells and whistles of Shell 3D?
Maybe not so much of an " eye candy," but it works really great on my EVO 3d.

Anyway... for all those who are still sporting Spb shell 3d launcher - there is a new update available on the market.

Version 1.5 (Dec 8, 2011):
(1) News panel
(2) Notes panel
(3) Calculator panel
(4) Moon calendar panel
(5) Favorite contacts pane
(6) Improved "Manage Panels" screen
(7)Better voice search integration (new permission required) Stability improvements
(8)Other improvements and bug fixes.

So...there you have it guys. Is it an awesome update or what. Remember to report back on how this update works for you.

smalis

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Runs fine on my Samsung Skyrocket, but my clock widget (tried Beautiful Widgets, Fancy Widgets, and HD Widgets) and battery widget (Battery Solo Widget) do not always update right away, when I turn on the phone. Often, they do not update for 30 seconds to a minute or two (or longer).

Is there a fix for this?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I can't say that I've heard of a fix for that. Sorry!

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Runs fine on my Samsung Skyrocket, but my clock widget (tried Beautiful Widgets, Fancy Widgets, and HD Widgets) and battery widget (Battery Solo Widget) do not always update right away, when I turn on the phone. Often, they do not update for 30 seconds to a minute or two (or longer).

Is there a fix for this?

They told me all my issues were due to low memory and that I should remove some widgets. I have my Galaxy Nexus now so just waiting for them to update and see how it runs...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

robbsracingengines

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Hello there. Im a new user of SPB shell 3d. I have a few questions. I did read ALL 27 pages before posting but found no answers. I also read the user manual from there site which was pretty much useless. First of all I have a Motorola Photon on Sprint. I cannot seem to find a way to switch the Weather app settings. Its curently showing temp in celcius which I dont have a clue about. I think I read someplace on the net that there is a settings icon or something but I cant find one anyplace. Also to switch between the stock launcher and SPB. I did the settings-applications-manage applications-spb where it says to select clear defaults. I see where it says clear defaults but its not highlighted and therefore not clikable. I downloaded home switcher from the market and I can go back to the stock launcher that way but as soon as I hit the home hardware button it loads spb rite up. Its so annoying. Can anyone help.

robbsracingengines

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

I just found a few screen shots of SPB shell 3d and most of the panels have a settings icon on them. None of mine do. I tried uninstalling and re-installing but same thing.

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello there. Im a new user of SPB shell 3d. I have a few questions. I did read ALL 27 pages before posting but found no answers. I also read the user manual from there site which was pretty much useless. First of all I have a Motorola Photon on Sprint. I cannot seem to find a way to switch the Weather app settings. Its curently showing temp in celcius which I dont have a clue about. I think I read someplace on the net that there is a settings icon or something but I cant find one anyplace. Also to switch between the stock launcher and SPB. I did the settings-applications-manage applications-spb where it says to select clear defaults. I see where it says clear defaults but its not highlighted and therefore not clikable. I downloaded home switcher from the market and I can go back to the stock launcher that way but as soon as I hit the home hardware button it loads spb rite up. Its so annoying. Can anyone help.

Hey... Have you tried to hitting the Home Settings tab? On my Galaxy S you could get there by hitting the same menu button (bottom left hard button) that gives you the add, manage apps, wallpaper etc). Home settings will give you a list.. Appearance, Widgets, Weather etc. Choose weather and you can amend your settings here. As for switching between the two, whichever one you have set as default on HomeSwitcher will default..

Hope this can help!

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...Are you tired of waiting for SPB Shell 3D to load. Do you get frustrated on how long it takes just to load...then do what I did -- Let the developer(s) of Spb shell 3d knows that you would love to have "fast boot" implemented in an upcoming update. It's better to send them an Email than to leave a feedback on the Android market.

Anyone who uses the launcher (spb shell 3d), cannot deny that the loading time on this launcher is WAY too slow. Spb shell told me that they are looking into making the launcher loading / boot-up time a lot faster. Well, that's what they say - so, I'm just waiting to see. Looking back at Spb shell update records - they're much better than most application on the market in pushing updates for their applications. So... there's REALLY no reason not to believe them.

So..if you wanna see fast-boot implemented in an upcoming update. You know what to do, drop spb shell an Email - letting them know how much this feature means to you -- and it would definitely be a Big Plus to Spb shell 3D.

[SPB Shell 3D is totally cool]

The upgrade to ICS fixed all the old issues I was having on my Galaxy S. I'm as happy as the proverbial pig... apart from the loading time of course. Well done SPB. Just need a facebook widget now :)

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just realised on my Galaxy Nexus (which has the upgraded version) you need to choose "Panels" after Home Settings.

Let us know how you go...

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Hey, folks...

If you are still using SPB Shell 3D (like me) and refuse to stop, because you paid $15 bucks for it - then we might be in for a new update sometime soon. Once again, I've written to the developers about the long loading time, and also about the possibility of a Facebook and Twitter widgets. There response was the below.

Hopefully, we will see this update way before we get ICS. I'll keep this thread up-to-date as usual. Your feedback is appreciated.
icon14.gif

For those who aren't familiar with the launcher SPB Shell 3D, please see the OP at the beginning of this thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

A-hem*

I'm beginning to wonder if the developer(s) of this launcher (sbp shell 3d) has decided to forsake their supporters. Hmm! There have been a long silence on their end. Not good at all. :(

I've been sending an email a day to the Dev, and will continue doing so until an update is push out for this application/launcher. I'm wondering if our feedback and/or emails are going on deaf ear.

For an application costing this much ($15), you would think that updates would be more frequent. I've seen applications that are free.. get updates on a regular basis -- so why should this one be any different.

I guess as the saying goes, "If you want something, you got to ask for it." I would appreciate if all who have purchased this launcher, would take the time to send an email to SPB Shell letting them know how disappointed you are with the lack of support for their customers. Volume is a powerful thing... and with every email sent it shows that we (their customers) demand better results from them. Smh!

Here is their email address... shell3d@spb.com

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I see... but obviously not available for the US. I guess they believe that we have all the money, so we should be paying for it. :p

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Hey peeps! :)

It's here...the long-anticipated "update" is here. I guess if you ask for something constantly, you might just get it. I'm super excited about this update - after all...its about time - wouldn't you agree.

More details after the break. *^▁^*

Here is a list of what to expect in this version:

What's in this version:

- Improved performance
- Reduced loading time
- Added horizontal scrolling in application list
- Cycled homescreens
- Folder creating by dragging app icons together
- Mobile data connection widget (Android 2.3+)
- "Pinch" gesture to open carousel
- 5x5 grid for Samsung Galaxy Note
- Android 4.0 native support
- Added Shell 3D application icon to Launcher
- Updated graphics for HD resolution
- Grid size selection for Tablets (experimental setting)

How cool is that _ Spb Shell is now back on my favorite developers list. シ

If you haven't yet hit the update button.. ⇨what are you waiting on. Head on over to the Google Play store and experience one of the best launchers on the market. :)))

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey peeps! :)

It's here...the long-anticipated "update" is here. I guess if you ask for something constantly, you might just get it. I'm super excited about this update - after all...its about time - wouldn't you agree.

More details after the break. *^▁^*

Here is a list of what to expect in this version:

What's in this version:

- Improved performance
- Reduced loading time
- Added horizontal scrolling in application list
- Cycled homescreens
- Folder creating by dragging app icons together
- Mobile data connection widget (Android 2.3+)
- "Pinch" gesture to open carousel
- 5x5 grid for Samsung Galaxy Note
- Android 4.0 native support
- Added Shell 3D application icon to Launcher
- Updated graphics for HD resolution
- Grid size selection for Tablets (experimental setting)

How cool is that _ Spb Shell is now back on my favorite developers list. シ

If you haven't yet hit the update button.. ⇨what are you waiting on. Head on over to the Google Play store and experience one of the best launchers on the market. :)))

Can't say I'm over the moon about the update. All I want is to hide the notification bar, a FB & Twitter widget and to be able to customise the dock icons (ie with desktop visualiser) because the ICS defaults are bulky and ugly against such a lovely looking launcher. Frustrating because this is the only one I have found that completely "matches" with all its widgets and I'm big on uniformity :)

Now it will be another four months till the next update :-(

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Can't say I'm over the moon about the update. All I want is to hide the notification bar, a FB & Twitter widget and to be able to customise the dock icons (ie with desktop visualiser) because the ICS defaults are bulky and ugly against such a lovely looking launcher. Frustrating because this is the only one I have found that completely "matches" with all its widgets and I'm big on uniformity :)

Now it will be another four months till the next update :-(
Spb Shell 3d launcher is capable of addidng two of the above widgets mentioned ⇨ Facebook and Twitter. These widgets (app) can be added on any of the fifteen (15) available panels.

Who knows, we might not like Spb Shell personal FB and Twitter widgets. As far the notification bar.. you might have to contact the dev about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20