??The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns about SPB Shell 3D App ??

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I also checked it out but ended up refunding it 5 minutes later, it lacks features other launchers has (scrollable widgets, column/row adjustment, etc) and when I launched an app like Market or Poynt and close it the launcher won't open again and I end up having to pick my previous launcher.

There's too many people that say they can't launch it, read the Market feedback. Also look at SPB's other apps, $10 for apps that does the same or less than other apps on the Market that are $0.99-1.99.

I'd purchase it again if the price was cut down, $15 is too much and they'd get way more sales if it was $5-8.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Like any other applications things should get even better with the up coming updates.

HTC should consider implementing this into Android. What do you think?

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I was saying this to someone else, they'd probalby make more money by making a deal with a manufacturer to have it part of the product like Swype is on Motorola devices.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was saying this to someone else, they'd probalby make more money by making a deal with a manufacturer to have it part of the product like Swype is on Motorola devices.
This is what I notice... people get excited with moving features(3D effects). If this was implemented into the Android system - can you imagine the look on IPhone users face. Lmao. :)

[Everybody would want an android phone then]…
I email the developer(s) about some features, and options that would be nice to have. Their response was that they're working on making these features /options available asap. Plus, landscape mode is being look into.

PS. Watch this video of SPB shell 3D running on an EVO and a Tablet - really cool.
YouTube - Spb Shell 3D for Android

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
For those who bought it. I am curious about the Weather Widget. In the beta that I was using, the Weather couldn't find my town. How is the weather found now? Does it use GPS, 3g/4g or just type the name of your town, and hope it is in there database. Can you put in your zip code? I remember in the old days with SPB Mobile shell, that the weather for towns and cities were limited, and you had to by the Weather app separately to get you town.

I entered to weather in manually when trying to do it using GPS it wasn't locating me in the right place so there is the option to enter your city.

Now I think it looks great has tons of potential but as it is now totally not worth the 15.00 bucks. There is no customization which sucks and not enough options that are available in other launchers. Hopefully after a few updates I'll get my 15 bucks worth! But very nice eye candy!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I entered to weather in manually when trying to do it using GPS it wasn't locating me in the right place so there is the option to enter your city.

Now I think it looks great has tons of potential but as it is now totally not worth the 15.00 bucks. There is no customization which sucks and not enough options that are available in other launchers. Hopefully after a few updates I'll get my 15 bucks worth! But very nice eye candy!
What I do when I'm using an application that doesn't have certain option, or features - I improvise.

Try this •• > focus on the pros, and try to avoid the cons.
This app is the beginning to a new era.

PS. If I were to re-purchase this app again... I would do so in a heart beat.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

I just broke down to buy, because I really liked the demo. But, even manually, my town is not in their database at all. I just sent them an email to see if they can add my town into their next database. Now if only I can found good Facebook and Twitter Widgets that work well on the Shell. For me, I bought SPB Mobile Shell when I had Windows 6.1 and it was $30. This is half price. This probably should of been anywhere from 6.99 to 9.99, but I really didn't want to wait 2 months until the price will probably drop to 9.99. Hopefully there will be more updates with more new features.

josidhe

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I think I agree that it's over-priced, and I won't be buying it any time soon, but at the same time...

It comes with a LOT of high quality widgets. Widgets that could easily cost $3-5 individually on the market. So, if you're going to use most of them, and like them more than cheaper alternatives, then yes, SPB is worth $15. But if you already have widgets you like better...? Don't waste your pony savings just yet.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have played around this app for almost the entire day. I've customize every one of my ten pages(yea - you can add as many as you want). I've edit and titled each page to its customization. I have add back every Widgets I had before - > Facebook, twitter, pandora, youTube, etc. I wasn't able to add friendstream, and frankly - I can do without it as a widget. What I love most about this app is - it reminds me so much of Android. You can customize it to any way you like.

As for the unavailable city and state weather settings, that need to be fixed. You can contact the developer(s) and let them know about that. I was happy to find out that New York was available on their list.

- I'm sure they'll be updates to this app. If you have any problems and/or concern you can contact the developer(s) directly •> using their email.. The best part of this application is that it requires no rooting.√

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm really considering writing a tutorial on "How to customize your screens.

People need to remember that you're still running Android - this app is just like a skin cover over what's their already. Yes, I'm sure the operation/functionality might varies on different devices. (It seem to be working the best on the HTC EVOs).

Missing features and options are said to be working on by the developer(s) This app in my opinion doesn't add any significant drainage to my battery. In fact, it use less battery than most other applications.

It's the same steps in adding and removing Widgets and apps - use this app the same way you would HTC sense.. only with a 3d effect - which I consider totally awesome.

I will be writing a full tutorial for those who want to use this app, and are willing to learn. I've been showing my phone to friends and they're all fascinated by the 3d graphics effect.

Last edited:

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I took a look at that.

It's not the worst manual I've read, but it's not overly informative either. Most of all, it's not objective. For example, they write up how you can put the Calendar Widget on a screen, not that you won't be able to find your hometown because whatever database they're using isn't very thorough (as other users have reported).

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Despite the price, I'm seriously considering this launcher.

I, for one, would appreciate the tutorial.

-AJ

Well, what it lacks is: no resizable widgets, no scrollable widget support, app icon alignment (it auto ailgns like iOS icons do), the weather widget/app lacks lots of city locations, very limited dockbar customization, no live wallpaper support, no themes (just the glass effect).

There's lots of things lacking in this launcher, but if you're used to something like Sense or Blur which don't have most of those features, I guess you could handle SPB.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@ sookster54.

Well, what it lacks is: no resizable widgets, no scrollable widget support, app icon alignment (it auto ailgns like iOS icons do), the weather widget/app lacks lots of city locations, very limited dockbar customization, no live wallpaper support, no themes (just the glass effect).

Copy & paste this - this send it to the developer(s) at their email address.

The more complaints the faster the solution.

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I love this launcher. But i agree with some of the posts i live in Norfolk but it keeps showing Portsmouth unless I manually select Norfolk. But other than that it is great deal snappy doesn't lag at all money well spent.

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
i dont think the android market return policy is long enough to test a launcher so i got the APK and wow this thing is amazing. i had to uninstall it because it simply won't run on my droid 1, but as soon as i get my bionic i'm dropping $15 on this thing. hopefully it'll be cheaper by then ;p

aburgthing

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
@ sookster54.
Copy & paste this - this send it to the developer(s) at their email address.

The more complaints the faster the solution.

Since you are considering writing a tutorial, perhaps you could help me out with a few issues. I ran the beta for about a month using it as my daily home launcher. The beta in some respects worked a little better because I didn't have the problems I'm having now with the fully purchased launcher. The current issues are listed below:

1. Calendar not syncing. How do you get the calendar to sync with anything? I have dates and events scheduled every day for the new month, yet none are showing. (The calendar on the beta did sync on initial install however it would not update).

2. Changing the locations on the "Travel" panel. That little 3D globe is nice, however I can find no setting to change the locations.

P.S. I emailed the developer already but if the time they take to respond is anything like the beta, I'll have already have put this in the recycle bin of apps that didn't make the grade.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7