??The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns about SPB Shell 3D App ??

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
weather widget

The other thing I've noticed is that the weather widget is way off. I live in a suburb of Chicago, and the weather widget lists it sometimes with a 20 degree difference in temperature and conditions...even after updating. My Weather Channel app, Simiclock and Beautiful widgets all agree within a few degrees of each other. Perhaps it is the weather service. If this is the case, they might think of changing it.

The lack of icon placement (i.e., the forced snap to grid) is really bugging me now...

Nevertheless, I think this is a very nice shell...certainly nicer than ADW and LauncherPro and of course TW.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@ kevincwelch....They claim that these features should be implemented in a future update.

With that being being said = Tap on this LINK.

Nevertheless, I think this is a very nice shell...certainly nicer than ADW and LauncherPro and of course TW.
My thought exactly.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad ZiggSeVO linked me to this thread. I am also glad a tutorial is being created for it. I was, at once, put off by the price tag but more intrigued by the aesthetics of it. I was really immersed at the idea of 3D without a 3D phone.

So of course having a MT4G, it was only a matter of time before I fell in the 3D Carousel. I wrote my pros and cons on my first app, this being it. I've done them on T-Mo's forum for phones. As of right now, my gripe is like some others... those widgets sticking not where I want them to be. Long press and hold and selecting program to add to a panel takes a few secs to load as does accessing the apps from the dock.

Hands on a clock has to be my worst pet peeve even though they have 61 skins to choose from. We are in a digital age and you give me HANDS?? Also, the imagery for the lovely animated weather are somewhat ok but the first day the image was daylight at 9 pm, Washington DC time. HUH??

Now, the weather imagery seems to be ok but we shall see. The lunar option should be that - an option. If you are not going to give me night settings on the weather than I could care less about the moon. The temperature gage on the weather app should be an option too but it's ok.

I can't figure how to launch Handcent each time I touch the Message widget. Maybe that's just me but I added Handcent icon to the panel to cure that. And this goes for the message icon in the dock as well. I need to launch Handcent every time.

What other icons appear besides the Birthday cake for Birthday? I've not seen nor have I set anything else up. I don't know what else I can set up actually. Sad I know.

I'll come back with more talk in a few as I need to go read what I said where I placed it. (wink)

I want the HOME button to GO HOME instead of asking me which launcher to complete that action in. The long press and hold to bring up prior used apps is ok though.

Reactions: ZiggSVO

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I want the HOME button to GO HOME instead of asking me which launcher to complete that action in. The long press and hold to bring up prior used apps is ok though.
This can be done by checking the appropriate box, and tapping the launcher you want as your default.

All the other problems you're having with this app _ can be sent to the developer(s) (email) for assistance in implementing them in future updates. This is an awesome app, but clearly needs a lot of options and features.

Ps. This is a good tutorial right here •> Link

Last edited:

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
rushrl - yep that did it for the HOME button, thank you so much.

I did write them and a reply about where to find the 60 clock skins in the program which I thought was something else. I was hoping for digital options. And they thanked me for my feedback. That's it. I am hoping a forum is created there and possibly more interaction with consumers will come this way. I am a forum junkie.

*waves hello to Galatians*

PS - I downloaded the .pdf file PRIOR to purchase. If I'm spending that much $$ on A app, I need to know all that I'm getting into. ;-)

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
rushrl - yep that did it for the HOME button, thank you so much.

I did write them and a reply about where to find the 60 clock skins in the program which I thought was something else. I was hoping for digital options. And they thanked me for my feedback. That's it. I am hoping a forum is created there and possibly more interaction with consumers will come this way. I am a forum junkie.

*waves hello to Galatians*

PS - I downloaded the .pdf file PRIOR to purchase. If I'm spending that much $$ on A app, I need to know all that I'm getting into. ;-)
You're welcome.

I hope that (they)•>(SPB) isn't just sending out random automated replies to their supporters, and are taken in consideration that these features and/or options are important to many of their customers.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If there's anything I can do let me know. I am glad I saw this thread. Hopefully more people will comment as this is a really awesome app with so much promise ahead of it.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad ZiggSeVO linked me to this thread. I am also glad a tutorial is being created for it. I was, at once, put off by the price tag but more intrigued by the aesthetics of it. I was really immersed at the idea of 3D without a 3D phone.

So of course having a MT4G, it was only a matter of time before I fell in the 3D Carousel. I wrote my pros and cons on my first app, this being it. I've done them on T-Mo's forum for phones. As of right now, my gripe is like some others... those widgets sticking not where I want them to be. Long press and hold and selecting program to add to a panel takes a few secs to load as does accessing the apps from the dock.

Hands on a clock has to be my worst pet peeve even though they have 61 skins to choose from. We are in a digital age and you give me HANDS?? Also, the imagery for the lovely animated weather are somewhat ok but the first day the image was daylight at 9 pm, Washington DC time. HUH??

Now, the weather imagery seems to be ok but we shall see. The lunar option should be that - an option. If you are not going to give me night settings on the weather than I could care less about the moon. The temperature gage on the weather app should be an option too but it's ok.

I can't figure how to launch Handcent each time I touch the Message widget. Maybe that's just me but I added Handcent icon to the panel to cure that. And this goes for the message icon in the dock as well. I need to launch Handcent every time.

What other icons appear besides the Birthday cake for Birthday? I've not seen nor have I set anything else up. I don't know what else I can set up actually. Sad I know.

I'll come back with more talk in a few as I need to go read what I said where I placed it. (wink)

Glad your bringing your experience with this launcher to everyone else :)

Reactions: LadyDi

orjense

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm really considering writing a tutorial on "How to customize your screens.

People need to remember that you're still running Android - this app is just like a skin cover over what's their already. Yes, I'm sure the operation/functionality might varies on different devices. (It seem to be working the best on the HTC EVOs).

Missing features and options are said to be working on by the developer(s) This app in my opinion doesn't add any significant drainage to my battery. In fact, it use less battery than most other applications.

It's the same steps in adding and removing Widgets and apps - use this app the same way you would HTC sense.. only with a 3d effect - which I consider totally awesome.

I will be writing a full tutorial for those who want to use this app, and are willing to learn. I've been showing my phone to friends and they're all fascinated by the 3d graphics effect.
Rush, Tutorial 'll be great. Were you able to add scrollable widgets? I like the Launcher and I ven't noticed any battery drainage considering I'm using a very old Droid Incredible (Sad how fast these devices get old)
Let me know how to config the launcher for scrollable widgets

You guys seen Regina Launcher? It's in the market

Last edited:

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
ZiggSeVO - after a few days the novelty has worn off. I was on another section of Maryland which had not an ounce of water droppage yet the weather was flickering between storms and rain. Is that a glitch or normal??

The Flickr panel is/was useless as the text is white and t me, if you use a very graphic laden back, you will not see the widget text. I could be wrong as I started with a solid black and then went to plum using the COLORS app to get that effect.

I have cataracts in the right eye so I need all the visual help I can get. It looks very plain but effective. I do not need hoops and bells and whistles and I am not sure live wallpaper would look/feel that cool either. To each their own...

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
ZiggSeVO - after a few days the novelty has worn off. I was on another section of Maryland which had not an ounce of water droppage yet the weather was flickering between storms and rain. Is that a glitch or normal??

The Flickr panel is/was useless as the text is white and t me, if you use a very graphic laden back, you will not see the widget text. I could be wrong as I started with a solid black and then went to plum using the COLORS app to get that effect.

I have cataracts in the right eye so I need all the visual help I can get. It looks very plain but effective. I do not need hoops and bells and whistles and I am not sure live wallpaper would look/feel that cool either. To each their own...

from my understanding they are working on adding more cities to the weather. You may have been in a section of MD that wasnt listed in SPB and still had it for whatever other part of MD that you were in and had it.
I dont even use the flicker panel lol

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One thing I would love to see is some sort of landscape mode...I dont need the 3D carousel thing in landscape. But an auto rotate landscape mode would be awesome...just the homescreens and I'd be happy lol

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rush, Tutorial 'll be great. Were you able to add scrollable widgets? I like the Launcher and I ven't noticed any battery drainage considering I'm using a very old Droid Incredible (Sad how fast these devices get old)
Let me know how to config the launcher for scrollable widgets

You guys seen Regina Launcher? It's in the market
There isn't any need for me to write a tutorial anymore. The reason for this is - There is a written (tutorial) on how to use this app. The link is posted a few posts above this one.

Scrollable Widgets aren't possible at this time. I used the same scrollable Widgets I was using on htc sense. As I said before •> SPB Shell 3d is awesome, but need a lot more features and/or options to make it the best UI ever.

Last edited:

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
also, if they could make the home screens scroll like the new version of sense(complete circle) instead of ending at each end would also make it amazing

spleisher

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I just installed this launcher from the market today, and wow, is it beautiful.

As was mentioned a handful of pages back, I am getting no calendar entries appearing in any of the SPB widgets. It just says there are no events for the upcoming week, but when I click on the grid calendar to bring up the actual calendar, there are indeed plenty of events.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
also, if they could make the home screens scroll like the new version of sense(complete circle) instead of ending at each end would also make it amazing
That would definitely be cool. You could suggest this (feature) to the developer(s) via their email address.
Hi Everyone,

I just installed this launcher from the market today, and wow, is it beautiful.

As was mentioned a handful of pages back, I am getting no calendar entries appearing in any of the SPB widgets. It just says there are no events for the upcoming week, but when I click on the grid calendar to bring up the actual calendar, there are indeed plenty of events.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I'm also wondering about this feature myself. As for as I understand it only shows event(s) that is in that week. I've set an event for the 27th of this month. I'm waiting to see what happen.

spleisher

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm. Yeah, I get the bit about only showing events for the week, but I have events coming up this Saturday that are not showing up.

Oh well, it's not exactly the end of the world if I don't use that particular widget for the moment.

I had bought Pure Calendar (the agenda one) and Pure Grid Calendar a while back, so for the moment, I just added two more screens, one called "Agenda" and one called "Calendar" and I am using those.

That's one other nice thing about this launcher. It allows quite a few more screens than the 7 or so that many launchers do.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Z for that info and linking your set up. I would show you all mine but I was just instructed to accept forum rules and regs and am not sure if I can.

At any rate, I like the suggestions I'm reading. Hope they get implemented in the future. I'm testing another 3D app and will start convo on it in a minute.

from my understanding they are working on adding more cities to the weather. You may have been in a section of MD that wasnt listed in SPB and still had it for whatever other part of MD that you were in and had it.
I dont even use the flicker panel lol

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Regina Launcher. While we are all waiting for SBP to implement additional options, I thought I share this little info. I saw the "Regina Launcher" in the Market and it's worth taking a look at. Its 3D and quite awesome. Search "Regina" in the market
https://market.android.com/search?q=REGINA&so=1&c=apps

I looked it up, it just looks to plain for me. Sbp is aloy smoother and just looks better overall. But i still give credit to this launcher for the attempt. Maube with future updates it might actually rival sbp.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk