??The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns about SPB Shell 3D App ??

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Regina Launcher. While we are all waiting for SBP to implement additional options, I thought I share this little info. I saw the "Regina Launcher" in the Market and it's worth taking a look at. Its 3D and quite awesome. Search "Regina" in the market
https://market.android.com/search?q=REGINA&so=1&c=apps
Nice app - but obviously not in par with SPB shell 3d. I'm sticking to shell until something better comes along.

Hmmmm. Yeah, I get the bit about only showing events for the week, but I have events coming up this Saturday that are not showing up.
I'm now convinced that it doesn't work like that... The birthday widget alerts you on the day of a birthday which is preset in the calendar app. Any event(s) that is set in your calendar app will give an alert, or notification on that set date.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Z for that info and linking your set up. I would show you all mine but I was just instructed to accept forum rules and regs and am not sure if I can.

At any rate, I like the suggestions I'm reading. Hope they get implemented in the future. I'm testing another 3D app and will start convo on it in a minute.

Everyone will have to accept the guidlines :p they were just updated so it makes everyone re read them for the changes and to keep them on par with the policies put in place. :)

no reason you shouldnt be able to share some screenshots :D

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Regina launcher actually isnt that bad. Its an actual 3D Launhcer with nice graphics like SPB, but SPB is smoother. I just couldnt keep Regina because I have an issue with having a launcher on my phone..........called.............Regina lol

orjense

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The Regina launcher actually isnt that bad. Its an actual 3D Launhcer with nice graphics like SPB, but SPB is smoother. I just couldnt keep Regina because I have an issue with having a launcher on my phone..........called.............Regina lol

Interesting name for Launcher I must admit. But there are lots of things they could ve name it including "Regie" LOL
SBP need to update ASAP, the 3D shine is getting old time for functionalities.

stepchild

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought this a couple of days ago. So far I really like it.

I would like to see Scrollable widgets and for it to let you place items anywhere you want them.

I have one concern:

The weather app is set to update every hour. And it shows that it does. However the weather is not being updated. If I update manually it works.

Are there others having this problem or maybe a fix?

orjense

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought this a couple of days ago. So far I really like it.

I would like to see Scrollable widgets and for it to let you place items anywhere you want them.

I have one concern:

The weather app is set to update every hour. And it shows that it does. However the weather is not being updated. If I update manually it works.

The weather widget is not reliable. Its 8 degrees higher than the actual weather temp. in New York and maybe other locations

stepchild

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The weather widget is not reliable. Its 8 degrees higher than the actual weather temp. in New York and maybe other locations

Yes the weather widget is odd. It uses the correct reporting station for my area and when it updates it's correct. However it doesn't show my city, but a smaller one right next to it.

The reporting station updates every hour and if I let the weather app update on it's own it will always be an hour behind the reporting station. Going to try 30 min updates and see what that does.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Weather updates seem to suck on any launcher I used. These launcher apps rely on different source who collect data (information) - and update the weather at their discretion.

Ps. In settings make sure that you have update /sync checked.

stepchild

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Weather updates seem to suck on any launcher I used. These launcher apps rely on different source who collect data (information) - and update the weather at their discretion.

Ps. In settings make sure that you have update /sync checked.

I have noticed that the weather source (reporting station) it uses only updates every hour. It shows this time on the weather app. I also get a text every hour from the same reporting station. What I have found is the weather app is about an hour behind. Even with that, it's providing pretty good accuracy. It's working as good as any other weather app I have.

The only thing they could fix is to show my city. Which would still use the same reporting station. But they show a city that is farther away from reporting station and a lot smaller. That is a little hard to understand.

Now if they would just provide scrollable widgets and would be very happy.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I uninstall SPB Shell 3D and went back to HTC sense, use sense for like two minutes - uninstall and went right back to SPB Shell 3D.

The thing is... even though SPB might not have scrollable Widgets, and a few other features/options - to me this app have more to offer than Sense. I wouldn't have notice this if I'd never had installed SPB Shell.

I found ways of getting around doing stuff. I can placed any app where I want it. I also love the fact that even if the panel is full - you can still add app(s), or Widget(s) to it. It pushes the extra application(s) to the bottom of the screen.

I also love the two different colors you get when disposing of an app. A red color mean the app has been successfully dispose of. A blue color signifies that the app has been placed at the bottom of the panel, and can be placed on any panel you choose.

I'll return to HTC sense when Gingerbread update arrives - for now I'm enjoying every moment of this app.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I do switch back and forth from b/e SBP and sense. I'm staying with SBP to the end. $15 is dinner for 6 in a 3rd world country
Damn skippy...

My only concern about SPB is •>> When are we going to see some "awesome" update(s) to an expensive application like this.

I wonder if SPB is aware that Androiders doesn't take crap from any app developer(s), when it comes to any app(s) that aren't free. :)

orjense

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Users (Us, We, you and I, Androiheads) should be paid $15 to Beta test apps, not the other way round. Honestly, I'm not expecting a update anytime soon. The only way we can see update is to pressure on them to come up with something soon, their original goal and could still remain is to be purchased by Google, HTC, Moto etc. They should receive at least 50 emails from us everyday. Better yet, they should create user forum.

orjense

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone get an email from SPB offering two free apps if you purchased SPB shell 3D?

If you did have you got the free apps?

First time hearing this, what other app would I want from them? I want scrollable widgets functionality in SHELL 3D, Thats it. they can keep their free apps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek