Option to remember Route Options in Android version of Google Maps?

King Mustard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
In the iOS version of Google Maps, if you go to 'Route options', where it shows Avoid motorways, Avoid tolls and Avoid ferries, there is a "Remember settings" option.

I can not find this option on the Android version of Google Maps.

I would use this feature a lot as I don't travel on motorways, so I keep having to remember to turn off that setting each time I map a new route!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It was there once upon a time (well, it wasn't there...it simply 'remembered'). It's been since removed, and there's even a class-action lawsuit going on about it (hasn't gone anywhere, obviously, but it's out there).

King Mustard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It was there once upon a time (well, it wasn't there...it simply 'remembered'). It's been since removed, and there's even a class-action lawsuit going on about it (hasn't gone anywhere, obviously, but it's out there).
Sometimes, I forget to turn on "Avoid motorways" and by the time I've realized, it's too late and I'm on the ramp to the motorway! (I'm quite a new driver)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, I forget to turn on "Avoid motorways" and by the time I've realized, it's too late and I'm on the ramp to the motorway! (I'm quite a new driver)

Hence the law suit. It claims, IIRC, that Google is doing that on purpose to promote toll roads on people who forget to turn said option off. And I'm with you, I almost always forget. Fortunately I do realize I did it in time, so I just don't take the exit and let it re-route.

King Mustard

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hence the law suit. It claims, IIRC, that Google is doing that on purpose to promote toll roads on people who forget to turn said option off. And I'm with you, I almost always forget. Fortunately I do realize I did it in time, so I just don't take the exit and let it re-route.
I don't understand why it's available in the iOS version of Google Maps but not the Android version of Google Maps.