Today and everyday Amazon is giving away a free app that you would normally pay for. Today they are giving away fruit ninja.

Also angry birds Rio is still free from Amazon.

3/31/11 - Fruit Ninja
    4/1/11 - Weatherbug elite.
    rouxster likes this.
    03-31-2011 02:50 PM
    just got it. thanks for the heads up!
    03-31-2011 02:59 PM
    yeah, definitely worth checking back daily, I was able to pick up Shazam Encore for free the other day (typically $4.99)

I didn't know how they were going to pull people away from App Market, but pretty solid strategy so far, and good for us!
    03-31-2011 03:14 PM
    sorry for the noob question but the TBolt is my first android and I was going to get the Amazon Market app but it wanted me to check a setting to allow me to d/l unknown applications - I got a warning on my screen that I could cause damage to my phone - if I check this to allow the Amazon download, does it void my warranty?
    03-31-2011 03:42 PM
    sorry for the noob question but the TBolt is my first android and I was going to get the Amazon Market app but it wanted me to check a setting to allow me to d/l unknown applications - I got a warning on my screen that I could cause damage to my phone - if I check this to allow the Amazon download, does it void my warranty?
    It doesn't affect your warranty at all. It's just a setting you can leave in place to ensure you only install apps from the Android Market. And given the openness of the Android Market, it's really not much of a precaution anyway.
    obidos likes this.
    03-31-2011 04:12 PM
    If you put the check mark in, this feature allows you to download apps out side the offical google marketplace.

Such as the amazon app store. It's perfectly fine to download apps out side the google marketplace. You just have to be careful from who you download from. Aamzon is a VERY large and respected company and you shouldn't have to worry. But if your downloading billy's apps from his shady web site, it could be some thing more then a simple app (or game) and could be a virus.

But your pretty safe when downloading apps from the google and amazon marketplace. (Keep in mind that they don't monitor the apps and are not looked through like with apple's app store policy.) But if a virus is found google will do some thing about it.

Also keep in mind to ALWAYS look at and read the security warnings when downloading apps. For example if you download a simple note taking app, is there any need for them to use your gps and read your sms messages? No. In some cases the gps will be used for ads with in a app. (Just giving you a example.)

ALWAYS read the reviews. Alot of times people will say some thing's up, or they will make a comment about the security warnings, or it keeps crashing etc. The reviews are always helpful.

If you need any further help feel free to send me a private message at any time.
    obidos likes this.
    04-01-2011 02:19 AM
    Free app for 4/1/11 is weatherbug elite. Grab you copy now.
    04-01-2011 05:53 AM
    can't believe I missed fruit ninja! Oh well, snagged weather bug elite today!
    04-01-2011 09:31 AM
    Pic say pro is free today. Usually $3.99
    04-06-2011 01:40 PM
    Pic say pro is free today. Usually $3.99

If you feel the need to post these free apps, why don't you just keep a running update/edit on your original post ... It's cleaner and more concise that way.
    04-06-2011 02:12 PM
    If you feel the need to post these free apps, why don't you just keep a running update/edit on your original post ... It's cleaner and more concise that way.
    I just trying to let people know who may otherwise forget.
    04-06-2011 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD