Launcher Pro with Sense in the Background / Wallpaper Question

Bailarge

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I looked through the "similar threads" tool (really like that) and didn't really find the answer to this question. Hoping someone can help. I got Launcher Pro Plus and I really like it. I was wondering, though, something about Sense in the background. If I set the launcher to LP by default, and then restart the phone, does that mean Sense (and all its widgets) will not run? I think that is the case, but I wanted to check.

And while I'm at it, I use Flikie Wallpapers HD for backgrounds. I really like the wallpapers, but it seems like when I choose a wallpaper, Flikie will wind up running in the background sometimes, even if I close it. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I left my phone off the charger last night and this morning it says 2% of the battery usage came from Flikie. I didn't understand that. Does anyone else use Flikie? Or any better (free) suggestions?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sense widgets won't work since they only work under RosieHome (Sense's Launcher), but Sense itself still runs (since it's the ROM). You'll see the Sense "swipe down" to unlock thing still.

Of course, you could throw Widgetlocker on there to get rid of that and make your own lockscreen, but you'll still notice Sense popping up here and there (like there's a 5 second rule if you press home and then power off and try to power back on with 5 seconds, widgetlocker will get delayed so you'll see the Sense Lockscreen.

Same when people call and calendar reminders....you'll still get the Sense "swipe up to decline, down to answer" thing.

Hope that helps. I ran Launcher Pro and Widget Locker on top of Sense for quite awhile before I rooted and used a different ROM.

Reactions: Bailarge

alostpacket

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is still the case as well, but usually when you run a home screen replacement, you should be sure to remove all widgets from your old home screen before changing it. This way you'll never have problems with two instances of the widget running at the same time.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is still the case as well, but usually when you run a home screen replacement, you should be sure to remove all widgets from your old home screen before changing it. This way you'll never have problems with two instances of the widget running at the same time.

Last I knew, it was the case yes. So you should remove all your widgets from your screens from Sense before turning on Launcher Pro.

It'll also help with battery, since you won't have Widgets running in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae