Adding work email account to Gmail

Taiwan Tom

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Im trying to add my company email account to the Gmail App on my phone. Everyone in my company uses the QQ Mail App and it's what I've been using for awhile now, but it can't integrate with my phone's organizational tools like gmail can.

My email address is xxxxxx@gallivn.com When adding this account to QQ it's very simple, when it asks for your email service I just select "Other" then it asks for my user name and password and I'm done.
Same process for setting it up with Foxmail on my windows laptop.

When I try with gmail I put the same information in and it tells me it cannot connect with "gallivn.com server" I've tried IMAP, POP3 Exchange, (i have no idea what the differences between these are), and it always gives the same result.

Our IT man is USELESS right now so I'm reaching out to all you.

I can't imagine that my company has its own email server, but no one can verify that.

Are there (Chinese) services that allow any company to put their company name after the @ in the email address, but point all of those different "domain names" to the same server? I'm guessing this is the problem. I say Chinese because it's a Chinese company and the 2 email programs that work with it are also Chinese.

I'm sure I'm using all incorrect terminology, so I hope you understand my question. Please let me know if anything is unclear

Thanks so much to all of you! This is really important because with the recent addition of a few big customers my lack of organizational skills is starting to affect my performance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7