Lookout or Antivirus Free (not AVG)

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
looking for opinions, facts, personal experiences with either. i've read some negative things about antivirus free by AVG, but this thread is referring to antivirus free by Creative Apps. lookout has been well reviewed by cnet and the community in general but it has permissions for everything on your phone (it's antivirus so it's expected). but antivirus free doesn't require as many intrusive permissions and seems to have be able to scan all files on your phone (things downloaded from the internet) and not just apps so that seems more helpful. so lets hear it android central.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
looking for opinions, facts, personal experiences with either. i've read some negative things about antivirus free by AVG, but this thread is referring to antivirus free by Creative Apps. lookout has been well reviewed by cnet and the community in general but it has permissions for everything on your phone (it's antivirus so it's expected). but antivirus free doesn't require as many intrusive permissions and seems to have be able to scan all files on your phone (things downloaded from the internet) and not just apps so that seems more helpful. so lets hear it android central.

Neither really just dont download shady apps with low ratings and that ask for permissions to use stuff it has no buisness using. i would use lookout for the gps locator thing but besides that your judgement is more reliable

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513