No Google Earth for Droid?

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm rooted and it downloaded and worked pretty good. Well, actually it's crap. When I asked it to show me My Location, it put me sitting on the porch!! I'm in the Den. It was off about at least 10 feet!! :D :D

Amazing piece of programing and hardware!!!

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I didn't see the 2.1 requirement.

Come on Moto/VZW!! Bring on 2.1 already!

It is coming "soon". When they think it's ready, they will release. I would bet that most users do not care and might not even know about its existence.

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Google Earth working on Pete's BB v1.0!!! Post your ROM that works!

Just wanted to make a thread for those that did not know that I believe the 2.1 requirement only applies to those phones which are not rooted with custom ROM's installed.

If anyone has other ROM's installed and can DL and use it please post here so we can get an idea as to which ROM's are working for it.

R

Roy Aguilera

It will work as I have it.
I will merge this with the previous thread.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
To me it seems like the Droids being put on the backburner when it comes to updates/apps compared to other devices... Sorta pissing me off after I invested over 500 dollars in this damn phone. I like it, alot, but feels like were getting shorted. Especially 2.1.. where the hells that update? And, why were some features that were initially in 2.1 like live wallpapers, etc, etc, etc, taken out... its like they dangle a carrot infront of our faces then pull it. Bull****

R

Roy Aguilera

Not sure why they left stuff out. The Droid is clearly capable of running both the live wallpapers and the new app drawer at the same time. Maybe these will be added in the next update?

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I just invested a lot of money, time and effort into both the Droid and the Google ecosystem. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come - a market so fragmented that Windows Mobile will seem like the good old days.