Google Voice SMS Question

bcd1

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I just set up my Google Voice account, and I am trying to figure out how to just get my SMS sent only to the Google Voice app on my Droid. It is also sending it to my normal message box on my phone. I don't have texting on my plan, so it is charging me each time it is sent to my phone. How do I fix this?

bcd1

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I tried that, but for some reason it is still forwarding to my cell. Any other suggestions?

Also, I just looked at those settings again, and that box it for voicemail notifications. The only option in SMS forwarding is to have them forwarded to an email account. I am very confused.

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Un-check everything that has to do with forwarding within the GV account settings.

The Google Voice app on your phone should retrieve the messages automatically.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Go to the GV site on your PC (or change the user agent for the browser on your device, if applicable). Make sure you're going to Settings->Phones and then hit the Edit button for your phone.

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Go to the GV site on your PC (or change the user agent for the browser on your device, if applicable). Make sure you're going to Settings->Phones and then hit the Edit button for your phone.

I was having a similar issue (I have unlimited text but I thought it was pointless to get an SMS and GV app notification) and I think this will solve my problem.

Thanks!!