Storing and Using Excel doc on Android

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I use an excel file on multiple desktop computers. Is there a way to store the file on my android phone over wifi? I would like the file to be opened from my phone and saved back to my phone, but edited from what ever desktop I happen to be near. I also dont want to use any cables. Is this possible? How is it done? I thought about storing the file on the cloud, but there is sensitive data that I really feel uncomfortable about uploading to the cloud.

Thanks for any help

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... the only real way of doing that is something like using either Google Drive, or OneDrive. There are some ways that you could share the file wirelessly with other devices on the same network, but they can get messy, technical and pretty complicated.

But cloud storage is a matter of how much you trust Google and Microsoft to store your data securely. I'd lean towards trusting Google more due to their transparency... and Google never sells any of my info to anyone for any reason (where Microsoft does share information with partners)

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Google Drive and Google Documents apps it what your looking for.

I recently tried a new spreadsheet for for work on Google Doc to give it try. I started the doc on the app and it's worked great between app and desktop and have a even sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz