Ok, so I'm thinking of unrooting and going back to stock. Not really sure why, just thinking about keeping a cleaner phone (I don't install custom ROMs anyway). But I wanted to know if anyone knew of comparable apps to these ones that I use that require root:

1) A reboot app/widget that will reboot the phone with one or two clicks - this is so much easier than turning the phone off and then turning it back on.

2) Titanium backup - anything that would backup my apps and settings in case I needed to reset.

3) Cache cleaner - I use this everynight as it's scheduled to clean.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!
    04-04-2011 11:34 AM
    You can be rooted with stock, it might get disabled on the next OTA depending on your phone but you can always re-root.

Anyways:
    1) Apps cant reboot the phone without root
    2) Apps and settings are automatically backed up by Google tied to your Gmail account. You just need to enable it in Settings > privacy > backup (or restore)
    3) 99% of the time you shouldn't clean your cache, it's a fallacy like task killers

sorry I guess those aren't that helpful sounding as answers but hope it's informative at least
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    04-04-2011 10:23 PM
    Thanks for the head's up. I actually want to stay un-rooted, so that's what I'm shooting for. I guess I can live without the cache cleaner. And for some reason I didn't even know about the backup and restore. I feel like such a jackass. Oh well.

Do you happen to know of an app that will reboot the phone without root? I can't find one and it's driving me nuts. I don't care if I have to pay a couple bucks.
    04-05-2011 07:41 AM
    Unfortunately it just isn't possible for an app to shutdown the phone without root. Well maybe fortunately, as it's a security precaution. How helpful that security feature is to people is debatable though I guess .
    04-05-2011 09:22 AM
    Thanks again. I guess I'll just have to live without it if I un-root. Looks like most of the stuff I've been using via root are kind of unnecessary, anyway, so I can basically just deal. I'm just looking for a more stock experience after hearing all of the "Big Brother is Watching You" crap about rooted phones.
    04-05-2011 10:23 AM
    Thanks again. I guess I'll just have to live without it if I un-root. Looks like most of the stuff I've been using via root are kind of unnecessary, anyway, so I can basically just deal. I'm just looking for a more stock experience after hearing all of the "Big Brother is Watching You" crap about rooted phones.
    You wont get in trouble.
    04-05-2011 11:18 AM
    You wont get in trouble.
    I don't think I will, and I'm not really worried about it. I just don't do enough with rooting that I think it's worth it, especially given the new Big Brother crap. That's all.
    04-05-2011 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD