Hey all, I'm a blackberry convert and I need some help. I run a dog rescue so I had stored in my BB address book (and gmail) I put dog info and microchip numbers in one of the fields. I think it was the company field on the bb, but in my gmail account the info is the line just below the name. When I got a call from the microchip company or a shelter, I could just go to my bb address book and start to input the chip number and then I could pull up the complete contact info for the adopter.

I'm not rooted and don't intend to, I'm using the stock address book. Is there another place to put this data so I can search it, something I'm missing or another contact/phonebook application that will do what I need? I really like having my info synced into gmail so if there is another app it will need to do that too.

Thanks!
    04-05-2011 12:46 PM
    What about a spreadsheet and using Google docs? (You probably have the information in a spreadsheet format already.) An app option to support this is Quickoffice but, you can access Google Docs directly with your phone's browser.
    04-05-2011 01:25 PM
    Try out the "Aurora Universal Search" app in the Market.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

That's what I use. It allows me to search for any field for a contact. Including notes, birthday, etc.
    It's also allows me to search for contacts like I did on my BlackBerry. Such as typing a few characters of their First Name, Space Bar, then proceed with a few letters of their last. This is not possible with the address book for Android.

I'm very pleased with the "Aurora Universal Search" app. I use it all the time. It's a must have app for me.
    04-07-2011 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD