annoyng app befor direct calling a contact

manucu01

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
I would appreciate an somebody to help me identify an annoying app(widget).
Whenever I use the google search form in the homepage of the launcher, in order to find a contact and initiate a call, instead of directly calling him/her, I get this blue halfscreen with an image.
whenever the data connection is weak, it remains on hold (revolving circle) trying to get data for the contact.
I have tried uninstalling Google circles, google plus, google now, the blue half=page widget is still here....

tempFileForShare_2016-12-01-16-54-57.jpg

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It won't directly call the number as you have only initiated a search. Use OK Google (voice command) to ring a contact. If the data connection is weak perhaps it cannot initiate the call. There isn't a way to remove this screen

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Feel free to disagree but I stand by my comments and the fact the way you are doing this doesn't work suggests this isn't the correct method. You have merely searched for a contact. The phone doesn't know if you want to ring, text or email that contact so that is why you get no further

manucu01

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
This is exactly the point.
I would be very happy to be given the option to call or sms or see details or whatever, (like in the second picture) rather than be given the blue half-screen that does not help in any way, nor give ant dded value or easyness to the process of identifying and taking action on a contact.
So, is there any way for me to find out what is the app or setting behind it an to dismiss the half blue screen?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
No, you are asking it to search for a contact and it is finding it for you. You haven't asked the phone to call or text someone. You can initiate a call or text by selecting the results as per your first screenshot. It is the same in my device. You won't be able to change this.