[APP][4.1+] talk pseudo - anonymous chat for installed apps, location, interest, trends

davidhodge229

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
As i'm sure others were, I was disappointed to see AppChat go away. I've been working on a much larger scale idea, but figured this could be a good starting point.

talk pseudo is an anonymous chat app that creates rooms based on the apps installed on your device, location, device information, and your interest. While most chat apps (and social media in general) require a login or sign up, I wanted to try a new approach. Everything is anonymous. For each room, you are given a randomly generated ID (and color). These identifiers are also periodically regenerated. While I can't make any guarantees towards the long term direction, I can assure you that the platform of anonymity will ALWAYS be here (looking at the like of yik yak, which started forcing profiles/usernames). While in a given room, you are able to chat as well as optionally attach images to your message.

With talk pseudo you can also add custom rooms, tailored towards your own personal interest. You can add your favorite artist from Spotify, favorite bar from Foursquare, tv shows, or websites and subreddits. All of the rooms can also be toggled. So if you'd like to hide location based rooms, simply select to hide them in the settings. Along with that, if you select to hide location rooms for example, you will also no longer be prompted for location permissions. Everything permission/data wise is used on an AS NEEDED basis.

Available Rooms:
- Apps installed on device
- Device information (model, brand, etc)
- Location information (city, street, etc)
- Network information (Provider, timezone, etc)
- Nearby Foursquare places
- What's trending
- Twitter trends
- Foursquare trending places
- pseudo trending

Available Custom Rooms:
- Spotify
- Foursquare places
- TV Shows
- Reddit / Subreddits
- Websites

An extra feature that I saw people were requesting from AppChat was an "app search" functionality, allowing you to find discussions on apps before you were to buy one for example. talk pseudo has a built in app search, that leverages the created app based rooms. I found this to be the best approach, as this guarantees that there are users for that given app already. But keep in mind, this means not ALL apps will be available, though the list will continue to grow as time goes on.

Please also keep in mind this is in a very early state. I do have a rather large long term plan for features, but I am also looking for as much feedback as I can get. I've found that community driven apps tend to have great outcomes, and i'd love for talk pseudo to take that approach.

That app is now live on Google Play. I will also be publishing talk pseudo to a few other Android app stores here soon. If you do not have the Play Store on your device, I can also get a link up to a direct download. Along those same lines, that app uses but does not require Play Services. Everything should have graceful fallbacks in the event Play Services is not on the device!

Play Store: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=co.gopseudo.talkpseudo&token=CULRmFGn

Screenshots:

3KvQOFB.png
bzmceft.png
EQbnuEj.png
OS9wjym.png
YE0LAQY.png

davidhodge229

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
v1.0.0.2 has been pushed up to address some issues when declining location permissions, as well as fix the icons used on the App Shortcuts! Should be live within the next hour or so!

davidhodge229

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
V1.0.0.7 has now gone live!

Changelog:
- Reduced app size
- Can now open apps, websites, and subreddits links from within a room
- Improved Foursquare search
- Improved rooms sorting
- Intro notice

Trending Posts

Forum statistics