Sync past Google Calendar events?

ccLuv2Cruz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the google calendar on my phone and tablet only sync about a year of my pc google calendar which has several years of past events! Does anyone know a way to sync and retain all the data? Thanks!

Update: Issue resolved!😎👍

Last edited:

ccLuv2Cruz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
What was the solution?
A solution that worked for me from a 2012 post in another forum:

In the settings screen of google calendar, click export calendars, this will give you a zip file containing one .ics file for each of your calendars. Unzip this file, then use import calendars to import each .ics into its corresponding calendar. This does not duplicate events, but just refreshes the modified date, thus causing Android to resync the entries. Worked for all but 3 of 800+ events?!😉😊

mobile.yksi

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info, it's been driving me mad since I got my new Note 8 and all past non-recurring events were missing from my calendar. Going into the Google desktop calendar, exporting then immediately importing did as you say, caused my android account mail to start syncing and all old events appeared.

The other annoying feature that is missing from most calendars is goto date, used to be in Samsung s planner on my old note 3 but missing on stock calendar on note 8. Best calendar I found with this feature is the first Buisness Calendar app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui