SerendApp - Discover things differently !

masterdevx

Nov 28, 2010
masterdevx.blogspot.com
Hi,

I present you SerendApp, an app that helps you to discover new things almost at random, it is a kind of serendipity.

Link on web android market: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.masterdevx.serendapp_ads&token=PMTDQfRO

icon.jpg

With SerendApp, you won't need anymore to look for your installed apps, they will be launched for you ! You want need to choose between several games to play, SerendApp will launch One for you !
If you need inspiration, SerendApp will propose you web pages, wiki pages, market apps, almost at random to inspire you.

Serendipity helps, in general, to discover things you were not thinking about (e.g. a malformed keyword leads, surprisingly, to interesting new entries) and it is the sources of some greatest invention of History (see wikipedia article "serendipity": Serendipity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

"Things" in our app "SerendApp" include installed apps, android market apps, web pages, wiki pages (wikipedia, wiktionary,wikiquote).

Features v1.0:
-launch of random installed app
-search for apps in the android market with almost random keywords
-search for web pages through Google Search engine with almost random keywords
-search for random pages/articles from wikimedia projects
-launch and search for all features at random

home.jpg

The interface is composed of:

1-My Apps-: discover your installed apps as SerendApp launch them for you at random; just start using the app that has been thrown to you: write an email, messaging a contact, make a call to a friend, play a game you have forgotten the existence

2-Market-: discover a new applications found with selected keywords by SerendApp in the Android Market

3-Web-: discover web pages or entries with keywords provided by SerendApp to Google Search Engine; a long click on the button will open Wiki pages

4-Wiki-: SerendApp will propose you random pages from wikimedia projects (wikipedia, wiktionary,wikiquote particularly)

5-All-: SerendApp will merge all the previous suggestions into one, at random :)

sliding_gallery.jpg

Each launched app appears in a sliding gallery at the top of the screen; you can click on a thumbnail to see options (launch, informations, uninstall...).

Some listed apps will not launch as they are part of the system (internal memory management,allocations,providers,receivers...etc).

sliding_gallery_2.jpg

Have a good time, enjoy with SerendApp !

masterdevx

Nov 28, 2010
masterdevx.blogspot.com
Hi,

New version of SerendApp available in the Android Market (Version 1.2).

icon.jpg

Version 1.2
-beta banner for future improvements
-bookmark feature (launch at random bookmarked apps): click on a thumbnail and bookmark
-app categorization (same ~30 categories like in the android market) => filter options
-hidden features:long click on "My Apps" launches "bookmarks", on "web" launches "i'm feeling lucky", on app categorization (in menu/parameters/apps) shows associated apps (click to launch apps)
-images and slideshows from Google image/flickr/picasa
-news from Google News
-(the Market app do not accept filtering options such as price and sort filters like its web counterpart, perhaps in near future)

Hidden options:
-long click on "My Apps" (green droid): launches Bookmarked apps
-long click on "Web": launches "I'm feeling lucky" behavior
-long click on a category: shows associated apps

Filtering apps by category: some apps may not appear if they are not listed in the android market (manufacturer such as Motorola/samsung or operator's apps); it is not recommended to filter (let all categories uncheck to avoid filter) as you may miss a special app or a special config :)

More options are coming soon :)

Share your discoveries on our blog :)

Enjoy with SerendApp :)

Version 1.1.1:
-Much faster + more relevant keywords generation

Version 1.1:
-added video features
-compact view mode+settings
-launch automatically an activity when SerendApp starts (like widget functionality; see settings)

Some screenshots:

masterdevx

Nov 28, 2010
masterdevx.blogspot.com
List of installed apps are now available :)

You can choose the apps you want to play with using SerendApp, for instance all your last games or tools or quiz and launch them at random :)

Selected installed apps have priority over categories,i.e. if you selected Brain & Puzzle apps category and you selected in the list of installed apps GMail, Facebook and Messaging, only these three installed apps will be launched; to retrieve apps of the selected category, do uncheck selected apps (there is a check button for select/unselect all) :)

screenshots are there: https://picasaweb.google.com/quintessart/Serendapp

And download here: SerendApp

home_options.jpg

manage_categories.jpg

manage_apps.jpg

masterdevx

Nov 28, 2010
masterdevx.blogspot.com
Hi,

Suggestions for using SerendApp with friends :

1) install several games (e.g. quiz..brain & puzzle, arcade...etc)
2)select them in SerendApp (menu/parameters/My Apps) or select Games categories (menu/parameters/categories: unselect "selected apps" in "My apps" if you choose categories as the priority for launch will be for selected apps); save your choice :)
3)the first user will launch "My Apps" (green droid) and start playing with the randomly launched game => 1 point or score if he wins
4)the second user launches identically "My apps" and so on ...

For Quiz games, the user who launches "My apps" could ask the questions to the candidate player :)

Enjoy with SerendApp !!

masterdevx

Nov 28, 2010
masterdevx.blogspot.com
Hi,

New update of SerendApp available in the Android Market !
Great new features: shorcuts like widgets, share apps, music, galleries, contacts, facebook ...etc

Version 1.3:
-shortcuts for each feature ! (long press on homescreen)
-unique compact view mode
-display at random your photo gallery
-play at random your music
-see at random your contacts (you can customize this feature in menu/parameters)
-see at random your Facebook friends' wall (due to a bug in Facebook official android app and probably compatibility issues, this feature may crash on some systems; we provide the mobile web alternative facebook page; see menu/parameters/contacts)
-"custom" button :)
-share apps or list of selected apps in SerendApp
-bug fixes

Follow us on twitter: @serendApp

Features v1.3:
-shortcuts for each feature (like a widget)
-uninstall it directly from SerendApp
-bookmarks (long clik on "My Apps" button to launch bookmarked apps)
-app categorization (see menu/parameters to configure)
-list of installed apps (selected apps will be launched at random)
-share apps or selected apps
-search for apps in the android market with almost random keywords
-see your photo galleries at random
-see your contacts at random
-see your Facebook friends at random
-listen to your music at random
-search for web pages through Google Search engine with almost random keywords
-launch random web pages like "I'm feelink lucky" behavior (long click on web button)
-search for random pages/articles from wikimedia projects
-search for YouTube videos with preselected keywords
-search for images and slideshows
-search in news
-launch an activity when SerendApp starts
-customizable button :)
-launch all features at random

masterdevx

Nov 28, 2010
masterdevx.blogspot.com
New version of SerendApp available in the Android Market (V.1.3.2) with new features !

Link for the Android Market: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.masterdevx.serendapp_ads&token=63ueTbub

A Google Chrome Extension is also available with Facebook friends wall/wiki/Image/Video features: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nhdghjhlbcmbnomhmoogpklkaidkclfg

Features:
-bookmark/share/uninstall
-launch bookmarked apps
-app categorization
-list of installed apps (selected apps will be launched prior to categories)
-see your photo galleries at random
-see your phone contacts at random
-see your Facebook friends at random with "Facebook" official android app or on mobile browser
-listen to your music at random
-launch your web bookmarks
-play instantly popular youtube videos...at random (long press on video icon)

-search at random for
*apps in the android market
*music with "Amazon mp3" android app or with mobile browser
*web pages through Google Search engine
*"I'm feelink lucky" behavior (long click on web button)
*articles from wikimedia projects
*YouTube videos
*images and slideshows
*google news

-customizable button to launch what you want :)
-launch an activity when SerendApp starts
-launch all features at random
-shortcuts for each feature (like a widget:long click on homescreen/serendapp)

Hidden features (long click):
-"web icon" => "Feeling Lucky"
-"My Apps" (green android icon) => "bookmarks"
-"images icon" => photo gallery
-"facebook icon" => social search
-"music icon" => search music on mobile or amazon mp3 app

In menu/manage (long click brings options):
-"all my apps" => launch/share/share selected/bookmark/see in market
-"apps categories"

Enjoy with SerendApp !

masterdevx

Nov 28, 2010
masterdevx.blogspot.com
New update of SerendApp available in the Android Market (v. 1.3.3): http://goo.gl/JmotS

New features:
========
-Google Maps and Street Views integration ! Visit 30000 cities and 100 famous places at random !
-17 museums from Google Art Project
-some integration of UNESCO World Heritage
-shuffle location from town centers (between 0 and 500 meters)
-choose between: cities only or famous places only or whole the planet (even oceans)
-all with shortcuts

Places and cities are added continuously. See menu/manage/maps to configure.

Long click on map icon to launch Street View (you may fall on black screen from Street View: this place may not be available and will be removed if possible -notably if shuffle location in town is bigger than covered location by street view).

For shortcuts: long click on homescreen, then choose serendapp and select your features; a click on the shortcut will launch automatically for instance Street View with a new location.

This update brings a "Map" or "Street View" -roulette like feature :cool:

Long click on map icon will launch Street View; you can select associated shortcuts (long click on homescreen, then shortcut, serendapp, choose "Street View" or "Map")

A contribution list is also available for famous places around the world to visit or to recommend. You can find this list here: http://goo.gl/BhlUa

You can also send the developers an email with your formatted list or places you recommend in SerendApp :): masterdevx@gmail.com

Some tips:

-some views might not be available in Street Views (black screen): the associated location is not covered => either a fix is needed in database, either the distance in "shuffle location" option is too high (see menu/manage/maps)

-you can choose between "famous places","cities" and "all planet"; all planet is not recommended as you will fall most of the time in oceans... but if you want to explore the whole globe ...

Follow us on Twitter: @serendApp

Enjoy with SerendApp !

masterdevx

Nov 28, 2010
masterdevx.blogspot.com
Hi,

New update for SerendApp in the Android Market https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.masterdevx.serendapp_ads&token=tSVkfhCt !

Version 1.3.4:
-Masterpieces ! See more than 1700 greatest masterpieces in SerendApp (long click on image icon) and set them as wallpaper ! see menu/manage/image to manage
-Shortcuts for Masterpieces (long click on homescreen, select serendapp then masterpieces)
-Street View: long click on map icon; see menu/manage/maps to configure
-Famous places: share with map link on notification bar (click on notification bar to share)
-bug fixes

help.png

masterpieces.png

masterpieces_option.png

icone_masterpiece_shortcut.png

Enjoy with SerendApp !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908