Mr. Number or Truecaller vs pixel stock apps?

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I am getting spam calls. I am not answering and because they use a different number each time, blocking them doesn't work. I would really like to see an option to block all known spam. Google knows what it is, they are already alerting me to the calls being spam. Why not a universal option?

I just downloaded Mr.number and Truecaller. I am not sure what they will offer beyond stock apps, but I will try them.

Anyone have a better app or solution?

robdam1001

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I am getting spam calls. I am not answering and because they use a different number each time, blocking them doesn't work. I would really like to see an option to block all known spam. Google knows what it is, they are already alerting me to the calls being spam. Why not a universal option?

I just downloaded Mr.number and Truecaller. I am not sure what they will offer beyond stock apps, but I will try them.

Anyone have a better app or solution?
Truecaller is the only app I've come across that is community based and automatically rejects call. Other apps, like Mr number send the spam calls to your voicemail. Truecaller is a bit spammy though. Constant nags to upgrade and buy things. Until I find something better, I'm sticking with Truecaller

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The artical I read online said Truecaller was better for spam and blocking. Mr numbers is supposed to be better at telling me who is calling. Figured that would like Verizon's paid caller ID app.

Do I switch to Truecaller as my default dialer? Or does it just work in the background

robdam1001

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
The artical I read online said Truecaller was better for spam and blocking. Mr numbers is supposed to be better at telling me who is calling. Figured that would like Verizon's paid caller ID app.

Do I switch to Truecaller as my default dialer? Or does it just work in the background
Either. I don't use the Truecaller dialer but let the app run in the background in conjunction with my stock dialer.

BBgeeqed04

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I use Truecaller app as my native phone app. Eliminates a little confusion when using contacts or when making a call. I have had no issues with Truecaller except when I look into my contacts and see a huge list of 'Unknown Name' in my contact list. That's why I switched and made it my native app. I just checked and see I have a few but nowhere near as many as I was getting. Haven't checked in a few weeks and had 4 Unknown Name. The time before that, I had too many to count. Maybe over 100? It was insane. I think it may have something to do with how it saves it and to where. If you have more than one contacts/phone app, it tries to save the number to all of them. Just a guess but seems possible. As for the ads in Truecaller, I just ignore them. Hope this helps.

sarac1234

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Adding in a new option here for the app I work with.

Eyecon is a better dialer and caller ID that gathers information from social media in addition to our huge database for accurate names and photos.

Also, no ads.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol