Androidians;

Here to ask a question and see what I get.

4G isn't a big step right? I mean so what! Minimal faster connectivity at a nominally more expensive connection charges doesn't sound too attractive to me.

Has anyone used it? Could it possibly be worth it?

I have a few offline applications that i run, including NDrive for Navigation; Wikipok (Wikipedia offline); and Handcent SMS. I suppose that better connectivity will lead to more and better connectivity services. But is the coverage just as poor as 3G? If it is than I simply don't understand.

Can anyone clarify? → CHEERS
    04-12-2011 09:07 AM
    4G is quite a bit faster - I use it mainly when I want to watch videos.
    04-12-2011 09:10 AM
    Androidians;

Here to ask a question and see what I get.

4G isn't a big step right? I mean so what! Minimal faster connectivity at a nominally more expensive connection charges doesn't sound too attractive to me.

Has anyone used it? Could it possibly be worth it?

I have a few offline applications that i run, including NDrive for Navigation; Wikipok (Wikipedia offline); and Handcent SMS. I suppose that better connectivity will lead to more and better connectivity services. But is the coverage just as poor as 3G? If it is than I simply don't understand.

Can anyone clarify? → CHEERS
    WIth 3G i get around 300k a second. With 4g I get 6 MEGS a second or so. So it's 18x faster in this town. It's nice for streaming music/video and its reallly nice for navigation if you want to do the Satellite View.
    04-12-2011 10:21 AM
    4G is a LOT faster. But it really depends which carrier you're talking about. When I had my Atrix on AT&T the "4G" was pathetic.

With LTE on Verizon, everything is a lot faster. Apps install instantly, texts sent with Google Voice send instantly. It's amazing!
    04-12-2011 01:41 PM
    As I said on the other site, you're asking broad questions that can't be answered. Clarify/focus your questions. Not all carriers are the same. Not all 4G is the same. The network tech isn't the only variable affecting coverage. Not everyone has the same definition of "big step" or worth. You need to qualify any highly subjective words or else they're fairly meaningless.

There are 3G and 4G speed tests out there for you to refer to.
    04-13-2011 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD