Can't scroll on About pages in Facebook app

GoneTomorrow

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I searched diligently about this issue, but can't find anything here nor can I Google Fu an answer.

In the Facebook app, I am unable to scroll in the About section of a friend's profile, specifically in the "More about (name)" section. I can't scroll at all just in this location.

I've tried logging out, force stopping the app, uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Galaxy S6, Android 6.0.1, up-to-date Facebook app.

Thanks for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try also going to the App Manager, selecting Facebook, and clearing its cache/data. Then open it again and log back in. Same problem?

GoneTomorrow

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried that as well, no dice. I contacted Facebook support and they said it was a problem on their end and to "try a different browser". Clearly they didn't read my message as I said I was using the Facebook app and not a browser. If it is a problem with the app, I'm the only one I know of who suffers from it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This brings up an interesting question, though -- if you go to the Facebook mobile site on your device's browser, can you scroll through the About pages there?

Drewchubbs

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
I am also experiencing this problem. I reported the problem to facebook, and i recieved a notice that an update was available that might address the issue. I updated, but no success. This has been going on for me since November of 2016.

HTC One M8, android 6.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair