Separate photos to separate folders

v-master

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Dear All,
Could you help please?

I'm currently copying WhatsApp photos from my android phone to PC.

Is there a way to separate photos from common folder (\WhatsApp\Media\WhatsApp Photos) to separate folders basing on the chat which the photos came from?
I.e. currently I have ~4000 photos in one common folder. I need to separate them to separate folders like "From chat Family", "From chat Work", etc.

Maybe there is a file with mapping of photos to chats which they rely to? I could write a macro which would copy the file to separate folders basing on this file.

Unfortunately, didn't find this topic in earlier posts.

Thank you in advance!
Best regards

sarahgad

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Dear All,
Could you help please?

I'm currently copying WhatsApp photos from my android phone to PC.

Is there a way to separate photos from common folder (\WhatsApp\Media\WhatsApp Photos) to separate folders basing on the chat which the photos came from?
I.e. currently I have ~4000 photos in one common folder. I need to separate them to separate folders like "From chat Family", "From chat Work", etc.

Maybe there is a file with mapping of photos to chats which they rely to? I could write a macro which would copy the file to separate folders basing on this file.

Unfortunately, didn't find this topic in earlier posts.

Thank you in advance!
Best regards

Hey, all i can recommend you is that there is an option to send the whole conversation to email. Long press on chat thread and you can find "Email Conversation" option through which you can send it to your email. All the images come as Attachments in the same email. This way when you get separate conversations on your email, you can download the media from each conversation in different folders on your pc, with which ever name you want to classify it with.
Hope you get through with this problem.

v-master

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi Sarahgad!
Thanks for advice! It should be a good solution for small chats.
Unfortunatelly, there is a certain amount of chats with ~300-500 photos and videos - e-mail won't process them.
Do you know maybe any systematic solution? Like a whatsapp working file with mapping or something else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz