facebook syncing contacts

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I know you can set up fsacebook contact sync in the facebook app. But, try this (humor me)

from home screen / menu / settings / accounts & sync / see if facebook is there -- if so, press, press it and see if "contacts" is set to sync, if it is then hit the back button and select "auto-sync"

if facenbook is NOT on there, then select the "add accounts" button on bottom and select facebook.

do that please and then tell me what happens.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
dang, I was hoping that would be an easy fix. I don't use fb contacts sync, so I don't have much experience with this.

anyone???

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
If I am in contacts and click the menu then settings I can sync it there but it sync's all contacts to my facebook and I only wanted the people in the phone synced up. I have the options clicked up account and sync but it still sync's everyone.

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
what trillonometry said, just add their name to your contacts (exactly; first and last name) and it should sync up in a few seconds no phone # or anything else needed, just name

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
im pretty sure the name in your contact list has to match the name of your friends facebook acct.

True statement. I spend a few hours once trying to figure out why so many contacts were not synching and later figured out that the name must be typed exactly between the two for it to automatically synch.

Does anyone remember if it was the same way in Blackberries?

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
No I had a blackberry and I didn't have to have there full name and also with blackberry facebook app you can also link someone who doesn't have there number listed on there page. If I got into contacts and click add all it will link them up to there facebook picture but also add everyone on my facebook which I don't want. I only want the people in my phone.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
There is a manual way to do it for the contacts whose name's don't match up exactly with Facebook. Just go into the contact info to Edit it, and at the very bottom it allows you to sync that contact with FB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12