I've got a rooted HTC Hero with the amazon app store installed. Recently I've been having issues with my battery draining very quickly and was able to narrow it down to the Soundhoud infinity app I "purchased" for free from the amazon app store a couple of weeks back. I came to find out that Soundhound infinity has been updated to version 2.5.2 which fixed the battery drain issue. The problem is that I never received a notification that there was an update available.

After doing some google searches it sounds like others are receiving notifications from the amazon app store that updates are available. Is there a way to toggle these notification on/off that I may have toggled off? If so how do you do it, because when I go to the setting in the Appstore the only options appear to be changing the credit card on file and switching to wifi for downloads over a certain size.
    04-14-2011 09:54 AM
    I've got a rooted HTC Hero with the amazon app store installed. Recently I've been having issues with my battery draining very quickly and was able to narrow it down to the Soundhoud infinity app I "purchased" for free from the amazon app store a couple of weeks back. I came to find out that Soundhound infinity has been updated to version 2.5.2 which fixed the battery drain issue. The problem is that I never received a notification that there was an update available.

After doing some google searches it sounds like others are receiving notifications from the amazon app store that updates are available. Is there a way to toggle these notification on/off that I may have toggled off? If so how do you do it, because when I go to the setting in the Appstore the only options appear to be changing the credit card on file and switching to wifi for downloads over a certain size.
    I actually got a notification there is an update..but i can't figure out how/where to go to update it. I have the install option, then get a "The application Appstore.. has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.. Force close..
    04-14-2011 10:50 AM
    I actually got a notification there is an update..but i can't figure out how/where to go to update it. I have the install option, then get a "The application Appstore.. has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.. Force close..
    If you open the appstore and then push the menu button you should be given the option to view you applications. From there there should be three "tabs". One for pending downloads, one for updates, and one to see all your appstore apps. Obviously from there you click on the "tab" for updates and select which apps to update.

If you're able to figure out the notifications let me know.
    04-14-2011 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD