*..good group text..*

bakerman1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have recently switched form my pre to the EVO shift and am liking it so far. What I'm missing right now is a program called "group text" and it was very simple to create a group and then be able to type out my text and send it off. Have tried one app and it really didn't work well. I also had launch point which created a nice icon that I clicked on and it was ready to type the text. Any ideas? Thanks

Ken

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Go SMS Pro (free in the market) does group messaging easily. Set up a group in your contact list and then select the group when addressing a message.

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I switched from a Sprint Pre to an Evo Shift recently and had the same issue.

I had an app on my Pre that allowed me to create groups and distribution lists for e-mails and texts.

I need the ability on my Android device to do the same thing.

Since I'm also new to Android, I may be 'off' on this, but it appears that it already does what you want, with its native abilities.

If I tap 'People' it brings up my whole list of contacts.

At the bottom of the screen is a tab to tap that switches the view from all of your contacts to a list of your 'Groups.' I've categorized my contacts into groups.

If I tap a 'Group' I then have the option to "Send a group message" which I've done now several times and it seems to have worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member