06-05-2010 09:11 AM
53 123
tools
    I think it's just verizon..
    it could be true. it doesnt do it every time. which is odd.
    02-26-2010 09:46 AM
    do your friends have multiple personalities?
    02-26-2010 03:48 PM
    so sad that I only JUST discovered this app. So far it has treated me well with no duplicates.
    02-26-2010 03:53 PM
    so sad that I only JUST discovered this app. So far it has treated me well with no duplicates.
    check out "chompSMS" also -- much like Handcent. I like HC better, but that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla, right? variety is the spice of life.
    02-26-2010 04:14 PM
    variety is the spice of life.
    So says Tiger.
    02-26-2010 04:22 PM
    So says Tiger.
    that was good
    02-26-2010 06:38 PM
    I'm having a few problems with the settings. I wanted to change the led light color and the track ball flashing. I changed the color setting for the led as well as the track ball flashing. I hit the back button and nothing changed. So I powered off my phone then turned it on. Still no change. What's the problem?

* I'm using the droid eris.
    02-28-2010 06:05 PM
    Did you turn off the notifications for your stock SMS??
    02-28-2010 06:06 PM
    Yes. But I was editing the settings under handcent.
    02-28-2010 06:12 PM
    Correct, just making sure it was not conflicting. Go back to the setting, change it again, then go to test notification settings and make sure it works properly there.
    02-28-2010 06:17 PM
    Where do I find test notification settings?
    02-28-2010 06:20 PM
    Okay. I went yo settings but there wasn't a notification settings.
    02-28-2010 06:38 PM
    Ok try these steps.

Open Application
    Press Menu Button
    Go To Settings
    Scroll to notifications, make sure there is a check mark
    Click on notification settings
    make sure blink LED is checked, then change color
    scroll up and click test notification
    02-28-2010 06:40 PM
    K. I did all those and it's still not working.
    02-28-2010 06:45 PM
    I've had notification trouble similar to yours with handcent in the past..the only work around that actually worked was uninstalling, then reinstalling handcent..
    02-28-2010 08:09 PM
    The LED color will not change for the Droid Eris...

ChompSMS and HandcentSMS both cannot change the color. The only available colors are RED, ORANGE, and GREEN and none of them can be toggled through those 2 SMS applications. Actually i haven't found any application that can get them to toggle on the Droid Eris...

The Trackball can lightup as your notification via handcent though if you want to try that instead. But the trackball color cannot be changed eiether. Sorry.
    03-01-2010 02:34 PM
    i'd have to suggest trying ChompSMS for this user. I had that happening all the time, beside Handcent would slow down my phone and delete messages automatically before i could even read them. Plus it doesn't line up the text correctly and just looks so horribly put together to me. Terribly unorganized too..

Chomp works great, never had a single issue. Cleaner looking format and easier to customize colors and stuff. No lag or freeze. No duplicate messages or delete messages. Its the way to go if you have issues with Handcent.
    03-01-2010 02:41 PM
    The LED color will not change for the Droid Eris...

ChompSMS and HandcentSMS both cannot change the color. The only available colors are RED, ORANGE, and GREEN and none of them can be toggled through those 2 SMS applications. Actually i haven't found any application that can get them to toggle on the Droid Eris...

The Trackball can lightup as your notification via handcent though if you want to try that instead. But the trackball color cannot be changed eiether. Sorry.
    Try MissedCall, free in the market. It has "services" for SMS, Calls, Calendar and more. It allows you to customize your notifications, led colors, vibrate, etc .. Then turn off Handcents notification and use MissedCall.
    03-02-2010 03:50 PM
    Has anyone had the issue where when clicking on a contact (that has an existing thread), and the message screen comes up with the thread and "New Message" at the top? Then when you type the message and hit send, it complains that there is no recipient (and no way to enter one)!

I have to exit the thread, and do a new message, select the contact, and type the message. Then when I send, it associates the new message with the existing contact.

this is only for one contact (happens to be my wife!). I have deleted the thread and started over and it still only does it on this one contact! Any ideas??
    03-02-2010 04:02 PM
    ttt .. anyone?
    03-03-2010 10:54 AM
    Has anyone had the issue where when clicking on a contact (that has an existing thread), and the message screen comes up with the thread and "New Message" at the top? Then when you type the message and hit send, it complains that there is no recipient (and no way to enter one)!

I have to exit the thread, and do a new message, select the contact, and type the message. Then when I send, it associates the new message with the existing contact.

this is only for one contact (happens to be my wife!). I have deleted the thread and started over and it still only does it on this one contact! Any ideas??
    Yes this happens with one of my friends, luckily not the GF or someone more important, very annoying and I just noticed it. Needs a fix fast.
    05-10-2010 10:33 PM
    Is this program still on the market place? I can't locate it.
    06-05-2010 08:06 AM
    06-05-2010 08:09 AM
    Thank you for the Link, but I am not sure what it is a link to. When I follow it I just get the AC bar code.
    06-05-2010 08:16 AM
    You're right, it's not showing up in the Market right now. The QR code above won't help you. For more info see this page.
    jas o likes this.
    06-05-2010 08:38 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD