Handcent SMS

spade#AC

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Double text with Handcent SMS...

I just downloaded Handcent SMS and now when receiving texts, two are displayed
in my notification bar. Is there any way to stop this? Thanks!

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I did the same thing at first too. Just go into your normal message folder and go to settings and unchecked your box for show messages at notification bar. Handcent is a very nice, highly customizable app. I had to power off to get rid of the notification that was already read though. I still can't get over how fast the Droid boots up. LOL

berx

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
RANDOM MESSAGE REPEATS:

did anyone notice that with handcent an ALREADY msg will pop again along with a NEW incoming msg, slightly annoying because it makes you think that person is re-sending msgs. Anyone know a fix to this?

thanks

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
RANDOM MESSAGE REPEATS:

did anyone notice that with handcent an ALREADY msg will pop again along with a NEW incoming msg, slightly annoying because it makes you think that person is re-sending msgs. Anyone know a fix to this?

thanks
Had it happen to me deleted and redownloaded it..

siano

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I am a droid newbie, but I downloaded the SMS program, but for some reason I am still getting two message notifications. Can someone please help. Thanks in advance

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Its in the settings of your default sms, turn off the notification and you'll stop receiving two messages.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
1) Open up "Messaging" app
2) Click the Menu button
3) Click Settings
4) Scroll down to the "Notification Settings" section and uncheck the "Display message notifications in status bar"

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Themes

Are there themes for this App? I love the customization but im just not that artistic, id love for there to be some pre-sets to choose from!

hiway12

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
only slightly off-topic, but I received an MMS from my girlfriend last night and I got a blank message bubble in Handcent. when I went to the built-in Messaging, there was the picture. any ideas? really like Handcent and would hate to go back to the vanilla app.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
only slightly off-topic, but I received an MMS from my girlfriend last night and I got a blank message bubble in Handcent. when I went to the built-in Messaging, there was the picture. any ideas? really like Handcent and would hate to go back to the vanilla app.

Are you using the latest version? What device do you have? How are your MMS receive settings configured in Handcent?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the latest version on my Verizon Moto Droid with no retrive settings checked and I'm receiving MMS just fine. I'm not even sure why those settings are in there since it seems to work without them.

hiway12

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
yeah, I'm using the latest version on a Droid as well and I've received MMS in the past no problem. This seems to be an isolated incident. I updated yesterday to 2.9.26 and thought maybe it had produced a new bug.

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I've got this app but I'm still getting 100% up time. I've got auto-retreave turned off as well as notifications. What am I doing wrong?

dfine06

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
handcent sms

ok so i love handcent and all the cutomization. heres my only problem and the reason i went back to the old messaging. when i would recieve a message with handcent it would pop up with a wuick reply and that would always make my phone drag and i hating having to X out of that box then going into handcent. Does anyone know how to disable this? i really want to go back to using it but i couldnt firgure it out. any help would be great! thanks!