I'm looking for a call blocking app, help please

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I used to use "Call Control". But about two years ago they took what, aside from the apps code not publicly available, was in the vein of open source app with community sourced list: much like how ad block plus is for ads on the internet but for calls on your phone; and turned it into overpriced monthly fee service. In essence taking all that community labor and charging for it. But anyway that aside I've been on and off looking for a replacement for it since then and the tedium has gotten to me since I have not found one.

What I need is a community sourced block list app (much like how ad block plus is for ads on the internet but for calls and SMS/MMS) and is free or a one time reasonable price (free preferred as I am an big supporter of open source and such). And that allows me to make exceptions to the list for the occasions that a small minority of people block something that others would indeed want to get but was added to the block list by the threshold of reports needed to get it onto the list. For example official informative text messages from a service provider like you are about to go over your data limit and will be charged kind of messages.

Thanks

robdam1001

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I used to use "Call Control". But about two years ago they took what, aside from the apps code not publicly available, was in the vein of open source app with community sourced list: much like how ad block plus is for ads on the internet but for calls on your phone; and turned it into overpriced monthly fee service. In essence taking all that community labor and charging for it. But anyway that aside I've been on and off looking for a replacement for it since then and the tedium has gotten to me since I have not found one.

What I need is a community sourced block list app (much like how ad block plus is for ads on the internet but for calls and SMS/MMS) and is free or a one time reasonable price (free preferred as I am an big supporter of open source and such). And that allows me to make exceptions to the list for the occasions that a small minority of people block something that others would indeed want to get but was added to the block list by the threshold of reports needed to get it onto the list. For example official informative text messages from a service provider like you are about to go over your data limit and will be charged kind of messages.

Thanks
Truecaller

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet