i found this app in the market, and i find it very useful.

CPU Spy: https://market.android.com/details?i...valosek.cpuspy

This is a simple app to display the time the CPU spends in each frequency state. This can be a useful tool in diagnosing battery problems or tweaking your over-clock settings.

It also displays the current kernel information.

i've been using it for a few days now and i've found it incredibly useful for determining setpoints for overclocking.
    DroidXcon likes this.
    04-17-2011 07:05 AM
    Looks useful indeed, and no special permission to run. I will give it a try.
    04-17-2011 09:30 AM
    sounds intersting ill check it out , maybe useful if it displays kernel info as people are always asking how can they tell what kernel they are running thanks for suggestion
    04-17-2011 09:37 AM
    Looks useful indeed, and no special permission to run. I will give it a try.
    it does require root, i forgot to mention that.

sounds intersting ill check it out , maybe useful if it displays kernel info as people are always asking how can they tell what kernel they are running thanks for suggestion
    yes!! it does display this information!!
    04-17-2011 11:30 AM
    it does require root, i forgot to mention that.
    How come I don't see it in the Superuser app list approved applications? It does not seem to ask for root privileges.

Edit: seems to run fine on non rooted Nexus 1.
    04-17-2011 01:11 PM
    How come I don't see it in the Superuser app list approved applications? It does not seem to ask for root privileges.

Edit: seems to run fine on non rooted Nexus 1.
    hmm, not sure, i see it in mine...
    04-17-2011 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD