Import ALL snaps (memories) to camera roll in right time order

Tadej

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new here and really hope I can get any help with this.

I have had an issue with my phone - the connector (So I couldn't connect it with a cable to any device to back up data). Now it's fixed...
But before the repair we backed up some data to my sd card on the phone.

And when doing that, some things like saved pictures in snapchat album on my camera roll changed time order. It created a new date and the order got all messed.
Honestly I use snapchat a lot, far more than camera, and I have a lot of memories there through at least 1 year..And I really need right time order.
Though going to Snapchat app itself, under memories>snaps, ALL those snaps are still there AND in the right time order. But not in camera roll. How can I import ALL those snaps to cameraroll's snapchat album in the same order?

Should I delete my snapchat album on phone (back it up before), and snapchat will ask me to import all snaps? Or how can I do this?

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

all the best,
Tadej

rrl58

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi! Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m having the same problem. I just want to import all of my memories into my camera roll, I don’t want to do them one by one. Thanks!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Pictures have two sets of dates:
- capture date and edit date, both stored in the EXIF data inside the image
- file creation date and file modification date, like all files, managed by the file system

The file system dates are completely under the control of Android. When a new copy of a file is created, like copying the file from the internal storage to the SD card, this new file gets a new set of file dates. Windows will maintain the original dates. This is a religious debate among programmers.

Properly written image viewer apps ignore the file dates and look at the dates in the EXIF data. Unfortunately, many of the basic image viewers that are factory installed wrongly look at the file dates.

If you need an image app that gets it right, try "piktures" by Diune.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.diune.pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2