Download Region-Locked Apps?

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to download an app that's region-locked? I've looked for tutorials but they're fr years ago and the methods no longer work.

I tried using a VPN and then connecting to the Play Store but it seems to know where I truly am anyway.

If you know of a way to get around this, please let me know.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Changing your location for Google Play is no longer enough. It checks carrier information, your credit card information (if available), location history, etc.

Only sure way of doing that is to get a Play Store account that's been generated (and validated) in the region you're trying to use or download/install the APK manually.

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Changing your location for Google Play is no longer enough. It checks carrier information, your credit card information (if available), location history, etc.

Only sure way of doing that is to get a Play Store account that's been generated (and validated) in the region you're trying to use or download/install the APK manually.

Know anywhere I can download an APK from? I can't find this one online anywhere.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Since getting APKs online is, technically, illegal (gray area for free apps, but still technically illegal unless it comes directly from the app developer), we cannot discuss or give out links to apps here. But a simple Google search should yield a ton of results. Problem is that with manual downloads you also need to make sure it's not a compromised APK or coming from a shady site. You never know if the app file has been modified to include malicious code.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20