I am a big fan of Vlingo and have had great success using it up until the last 1-2 months (I don't know exactly when the problem started getting more pronounced). As of late, the accuracy of the voice-to-text recognition and following command prompts has diminished greatly.

I use it mostly to make calls (e.g. "Call John Smith cell") and occasionally to send text messages (e.g. "message John Smith subject I am running 5 minutes late").

Early on, Vlingo would be spot on with the voice-to-text recognition. Lately, I am lucky if my standard "Call John Smith" even gets me to someone in my contacts named John; more often than not, I get a web search for something close to 'John' and a link to a possible match in contacts (which defeats the purpose of using Vlingo to call while driving if I have to click through a couple of screens to get the right contact).

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if I can fix/tweak my system to improve the results?

Demographics: using latest version (Vlingo on Froyo on a DINC.
    04-22-2011 11:06 AM
    I have no discernible accent (well, midwestern-California-US maybe) or speech impediments, but I've never found speech recognition to be accurate enough to be useful, on Vlingo or any other Andorid app/input method. Maybe I don't annunciate.
    04-22-2011 12:26 PM
    I have found - until recently - that Vlingo worked VERY well. So well in fact, that I used it as my stock keyboard until discovering the joy of Swype. I am hoping that there is a siply fix or a forthcoming solution...
    04-25-2011 01:27 PM
    I had problems with Vlingo with CM7. It would garble the voice channel for GPS and calls when using Bluetooth and sadly I had to uninstall. I miss my Vlingo.

I have not tried it again recently. Have they been making updates?
    04-25-2011 10:05 PM
    I haven't had any problems with Vlingo. Just recently discovered how to use Vlingo for Navigation. For example: just say "Navigate Home Depot" and a list of the closest Home Depots will pop up; just tap the one you want to navigate to and the map pops up and the driving directions begin immediately. COOL!
    04-25-2011 10:20 PM