Touiteur vs. Seesmic

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Hate to throw another in the mix but HootSuite is killer.

But of the 2 listed. Id say Touiteur for sure. Lots more customization and features in it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I still prefer Seesmic.

First, it opens and updates far, far faster, in my experience. I think that Seesmic is more attractive - I prefer a cleaner, more minimal look. You can display many images internally to the app, without needing to open the browser.

Right now, when I try to open up somebody's profile in Touitteur, I get an occasional force close. Within another user's profile, I can see the count of who they follow and who follow them, but not the actual list. Touitteur has a menu option called "Refresh Trends and Lists" but I see no way to actually see trends or lists.

In Seesmic, in addition to actually supporting lists, if I go into somebody's profile, I can see the tweets that they have marked favorites, see their lists, see who they follow, and who follow them.

For right now, Sessmic is a far more complete Twitter client app.

Last edited:

kmatheny

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Touiteur, maybe

Touiteur certainly does things well, but it doesn't do everything I'd like it to. As mentioned before, the inability to view peoples followers/ing lists is kind of a bummer, along with not being able to add or remove people from my personal lists.

I don't believe Touiteur has the ability to tweet across multiple accounts with a single tweet, the way that Seesmic now does- I would love to see this feature Touiteur!

Not to go off topic, but TweetCaster supports just about everything that's missing from Touiteur, except for cross-account tweets. Anyhow, Touiteur is my main Twitter client for the time being. Without list support of any kind, I may jump back to TweetCaster.

I agree with Doogald- Seesmic is a more complete Twitter client. Touiteur is missing a lot of small features that hopefully will make it into the next version- or an update. However, even though Touiteur is missing a lot of small features, the features it does have, it does well and with very limited FC's (on my Droid.)

Last edited:

nugga

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat as most of the ppl...I really like he look of Touiteur, and after a couple more updates I think it will be the top choice. I like some of the features of Seesmic more. That being said....I have been using Touiteur lately.

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
I love Touiteur - the looks of it, the UI - I love the drop down box to compose and send a tweet. I absolutely LOVE the fact that I can select to have my timeline in different colors, and then I can completely customize what colors I want my friends to be. I think it's beautiful. I do agree, there are a couple things missing from the app, like the ability to change my profile picture, among the others mentioned above. And I do think TweetCaster is an amazing twitter app. But for right now, my favorite is Touiteur. (Sorry, I didn't even mention Seesmic in here at all. Just never been a fan!!)

R

Roy Aguilera

All other apps take to long to update. Tama works on improving his apps daily. That is what I love the most (dedication to perfection).
Reminds me of an old dev friend in the RIM app business who I miss a little bit (well not all that much anymore).:p

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Touitteur has a menu option called "Refresh Trends and Lists" but I see no way to actually see trends or lists.

I just noticed that I had this wrong. If you click on the lower left control "Tweets" I can see those things. In my opinion, not all that intuitive, but the functionality is there.

Sammael

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm a fan of both, particularly since HootSuite, while now 1.5 compatable, doesn't seem to be playing nicely. If I really had to choose, I'd say Touiteur, but only by a hair. It's a bit over the top, but the level of customization you can apply is what pushes it over the top for me.

Koxx

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
All other apps take to long to update. Tama works on improving his apps daily. That is what I love the most (dedication to perfection).
Reminds me of an old dev friend in the RIM app business who I miss a little bit (well not all that much anymore).:p

Yes, we are crazy french guys ... lol.
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol